Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a bit vague, but anyone doing Cascade/3divide should be VERY, VERY aware of a horendous log jam in a perfectly innocent left class 3 channel. Tough to nail down exactly where it is except that it is maybe a couple hundred yards after a ledge with a HUGE and sticky (right Matt?) pillow on the right.

We were told of it before putting in, but had no idea how deadly it was and how easy to blow right into it.

The real problem starts with the fact that this is in a main (fairly easy)channel that primarily is run left and that it looks completely innocent. The logs (2 of them) are crossed into a downstream V shape and there is no way to avoid this if you go down that line. In my opinion it looks very deadly as there is no way to get a good line on a rescue and the V shape is sure to stop you in your tracks....

Beyond that and another very obvious riverwide log (with a difficult portage)... the run is FRICKEN AWESOME and very beautiful. I can't wait to get back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
he's right!!!

i was pinned by this log on friday. fortunately my head and stern were out of the water the whole time, but it sucked!! way sketchy!! we z-dragged the boat out from high up on the left gorge wall.

PLEASE SEE MY POST IN THE "ALERTS" SECTION FOR MORE INFO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts