Mountain Buzz banner

Car in Upper C

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Ron Rupert 
#1 ·
There’s a car on river left in the Upper Colorado about a quarter mile past State Bridge. Heard from a guide that it rolled off Windy Point Rd and into the water on Thursday night. Last he heard everyone lived. Anyone have more info on what happened? Car was still packed full of gear when we floated by today.

#2 ·
Also floated by car yesterday morning. That was a long fall down a very steep bank. Saw tow truck with cable pulled down to car when I was driving out later in the day. Not sure that is going to work but I'm not a vehicle recovery expert. Hope no one was injured badly and if no serious injuries, they were very fortunate.

#5 ·
My buddy witnessed the car rolling off the side and it took the help of many agencies/private citizens to locate and hoist him up. I will share the driver came out with relatively minor injuries given the seriousness of the wreck. Right place at the right time.

#8 ·
Didn't take any pictures. It didn't feel appropriate given that we didn't know how the driver/passengers fared.

Baldy, does your buddy know any more about what caused it to roll? I've always been sketched by that road because if you meet up with someone coming from the other direction, there's literally no way to turn around. Someone has to back out.

#9 ·
Driver was alone, my buddy was following behind him within eyesight of the taillights. They were not together. Looks like the Subaru may have drifted left and over corrected to the right, only to go tumbling down the embankment into the river. There was another group of campers (unrelated) at the end of road that came up to help. They were able to locate driver before EMS were on scene. Very glad the outcome wasn't worse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.