Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on running the Lower Blue Friday, September 17th and looking for any beta on car camping near take-out or put-in for Thursday night.

Will have a small pop-up trailer, so any forest service roads, or any place to get off the main roads would be great.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks, Lenny.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Above the run or down off the trough road. I know there are a few riverside campgrounds above the reservoir. Also a couple roads you could drive up away from the river, mostly river left.

I see people camping right on the side of green mt res, but it looks pretty lame.

·
Registered
796 Posts
yeah, that's a serious frickin' gate they put in there. no shooting your way out of that one!

yep, no real out of way spots up there. around the res would be closest and won't be bad on Thursday. weekends are party central.

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
The BLM camping at the lake is pretty good for $3-7. Good views, toilets and fire rings. I usually try to find whatever primitive free spots I can, but I feel it's totally worth paying the nominal BLM fee for those spots.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ALL

Thank you ALL for your posts. They were short, to the point and much appreciated.

Thanks, Lenny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts