Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mile marker 270 on route 6. was doing black rock section and a little bit of lower CC and came back to find that someone threw a rock through my window and took my wallet, ipod, and cell phone. sucks bad.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ouch. Someone stole my Yakima racks off my Subaru Outback this summer. Now when I see another Subaru with Yakima racks, I wonder if they are MY $400+ racks, and get in a pissy mood.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bad news Bears. I am sorry to hear there are people out there doing that kind of crap. It is all about Karma. They will get it in the end, I believe that. Hopefully they leave the wallet somewhere and someone calls you to get all of your info. Good luck.

"Oh, shit! Swamp leeches. Everybody, check for swamp leeches, and pull them off... Nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?" -Steve Zissou

·
Registered
320 Posts
if you say karma does that mean they did something to get their crap stolen hmmm, does it work both ways??? I am not saying you guys deserved it just wondering

·
Registered
255 Posts
low water?

hey LD -

i think the more important question here is: how was BR and lower at this low low level?

sorry to hear about your gear. people suck!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Blackrock is still fun at 150. I haven't done it any lower and I don't if I would. I guess I might try it at 140 :D.

COUNT

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yea, that really sucks.

Clear Creek is generally a safe place with so much traffic. The only recommendations I have is to park in an open spot and make sure your valuables can't be seen from the window.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no valuables were seen, everythign was hiding in the glove compartment or middle thing. the weird part is i have over $1000 worth of system stuff in my car and none of that was stolen. sucks for them because my ipod cant turn on other than from my computer and my cell has already been shut off. and no i did not deserve that.

also, black rock was fun. the major rapids on the section were all deep and not bony. the stuff in between got pretty shallow at times but its definately worth it. i'm going to hit narrows and rigor on sunday probably on my way back from the mountains. hopeuflly nothin will get stolen this time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
sorry about your stuff turning up missing. someone just stole my crappy bike.

i just want to comment on the karma stuff, i dont think the concept of karma has much do to with getting what you deserve, as much as it means that you will think and act according to your karma, the guys that rip people off are the ones that have bad karma.

·
Registered
989 Posts
When I was a kidma someone's karma ran over my dogma. I cried..ma.

·
God Amongst Men
1,993 Posts
&d said:
sorry about your stuff turning up missing. someone just stole my crappy bike.

i just want to comment on the karma stuff, i dont think the concept of karma has much do to with getting what you deserve, as much as it means that you will think and act according to your karma, the guys that rip people off are the ones that have bad karma.
oh man, andy dont you know you gotta lock that shit up in gunnison? the bar flies loooove unlocked bikes here

·
Registered
396 Posts
yeti ;) .. i think there is a ring of "professional" bike thieves stealing crappy bikes .. for what ? .. to recycle them! the rack my bike was on got totally cleaned out! huffys and all, probably 6 bikes or so dissapeared simultaneously

plus, it was by hi-country laundry where in a week me and a friend found two super nice BMX bikes ditched between that doctors office and cabin fever, both were temporarily adopted and the police were notified.

go down the ally sometime s. of high country, those apartments, mt. ararat, look in the driveway on the se. corner of the building, there is a huge pile of scrap-crap bike.. it makes me wonder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts