Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several vehicles have been broken into recently at Jaffe Park, and possibly Stein Park. The vehicles were locked but somebody is finding those keys on the tires/ gas door/ usual spots. Lock your car and take your keys w/ you, or get a good hide a key. Call authorities if you see anybody suspicious in these areas.

·
Registered
279 Posts
my car was broken into at black bridge on Monday. The driver side door dosent always lock completely, but know I shut the door hard. Got back to it the door was adjar and pass seat was slid up. luckaly everything was in the trunk and they didn't think to hit the trunk release. People suck

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
Watch oput at 2 rivers when it is not busy, I caught a kid crawling under my truck 10 min after I left it there for shuttle. He did not like the way how I stepped/ grinded his hand that was sticking out from under. I do not leave keys stowed on my vehicle anymore after that incident, I reccomend that you just take your keys with you

·
Registered
498 Posts
After having his car broken into while parked at a trailhead on Mt. Hood, a friend of mine was told by the sheriff that this happens regularly, and that they even know who's doing it, but can't prosecute for lack of evidence and lack of interest by the DA.

So my friend "Joe" went back the next week and hid-out waiting for the car-breaker to show up. He did, just before sunset. Joe watched the guy break into all of the cars there, and then (by means not specified) he captured the car breaker and handcuffed him to his own car and left notes on everyone else's cars telling them where to find the guy who had broken into their cars.

The report was that the car breaker survived unhurt. His car did not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts