Mountain Buzz banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since original thread was closed I will reply here.

carvedog

"From my lofty view point of not really giving a shit and the fact that I will likely never order from CWI it sounds to me like both parties bear some responsibility for this kerfluffle.

To the OP this is not really an "in the public interest" discussion any more. Sorry you had some troubles, but people who don't post the whole story lose credibility with me. "

1. Where do I bear any responsibility - period. I befriended the guy and no matter how patient or understanding of blatant BS there comes a time that even the meek become mighty.
2. I basically posted relevant information, but I was NOT about to disclose all - sorry. Stupid once shame on me.

The update is I was just ordered a default judgment against them and a lien has been placed on their property in COOS County.

I thought this was a forum to discuss all matters relating to gear, the good bad and UGLY. If perhaps I saw a post such as mine I would have thought twice. Unfortunately I did not, but there has been a few replies since then on various forums including here that show similar circumstances.

If this post offends the moderators then I guess it will be locked down also.
But that would be an injustice to the community that deserves ALL knowledge.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Due to the phone calls from customers and emails we have created a screen name here to address some of the things being said on mountainbuzz as we feel some of the stuff going on here needs attention. First of all any of the content posted on this forum any allegations of our company or employees posting are false. If you have a question about our products please call us and ask don't take someone's poor Internet behavior as coming from us.

Regarding this issue Russ it has gone beyond acceptable behavior to us, taking your boat and modifying was your own doing. We go out of our way to please the customer you could have easily returned the boat if you hadn't had it modified causing poor handling characteristics. I am going to keep this short because at this point you somehow without our knowledge secured a judgement and it is clear you intend on continuing to slander us and have no intentions of returning the boat and also keeping the money. We may tolerate being walked on occasionally but please do not continue to stomp on us or we will have to respond accordingly.It is quite clear you have another agenda other than fixing your issue now that you have a free boat plus the cost of the modification you felt just to go after us for.

As for anyone else who is posting negatively about us,other vendors or products this does no good for any of us especially people new to boating, I have taken numerous complaints about people on this forum behaving childishly. If you own our products we are glad you enjoy them it doesn't make them superior to another persons that is a different style it is just different so please don't put fellow boaters down because of the purchase decision they have made. I boat all over, on the river everyone gets along no matter what brand we boat in and it should be the same here. If you can't do that please don't mention us in your post

Contrary to popular belief a lot of us manufacturers do talk and personally know each other and even hang out from time to time so those of you making venomous posts are way off base and are creating a false tension on the web.

We are in peak building season so we don't have time to spend making Internet posts. Any question for us can be made by telephone and email can be a delayed response up to a couple days as they are taken in the order received. Our presence on this forum will be marginal so use one of the other contact methods above if you need to bring something to our attention.

I would also like the owner of this forum to contact us by telephone at their convenience
James
Canyon Whitewater Inflatables

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Due to the phone calls from customers and emails we have created a screen name here to address some of the things being said on mountainbuzz as we feel some of the stuff going on here needs attention. First of all any of the content posted on this forum any allegations of our company or employees posting are false. If you have a question about our products please call us and ask don't take someone's poor Internet behavior as coming from us.

Regarding this issue Russ it has gone beyond acceptable behavior to us, taking your boat and modifying was your own doing. We go out of our way to please the customer you could have easily returned the boat if you hadn't had it modified causing poor handling characteristics. I am going to keep this short because at this point you somehow without our knowledge secured a judgement and it is clear you intend on continuing to slander us and have no intentions of returning the boat and also keeping the money. We may tolerate being walked on occasionally but please do not continue to stomp on us or we will have to respond accordingly.It is quite clear you have another agenda other than fixing your issue now that you have a free boat plus the cost of the modification you felt just to go after us for.

As for anyone else who is posting negatively about us,other vendors or products this does no good for any of us especially people new to boating, I have taken numerous complaints about people on this forum behaving childishly. If you own our products we are glad you enjoy them it doesn't make them superior to another persons that is a different style it is just different so please don't put fellow boaters down because of the purchase decision they have made. I boat all over, on the river everyone gets along no matter what brand we boat in and it should be the same here. If you can't do that please don't mention us in your post

Contrary to popular belief a lot of us manufacturers do talk and personally know each other and even hang out from time to time so those of you making venomous posts are way off base and are creating a false tension on the web.

We are in peak building season so we don't have time to spend making Internet posts. Any question for us can be made by telephone and email can be a delayed response up to a couple days as they are taken in the order received. Our presence on this forum will be marginal so use one of the other contact methods above if you need to bring something to our attention.

I would also like the owner of this forum to contact us by telephone at their convenience
James
Canyon Whitewater Inflatables
It was unfortunate it had to come to this. Yes I modified the frame. I also went thru numerous missed shipments, broken promises, items paid for and never received ( accessory bag ). You and I know that I was more than patient (your words) and when we agreed on the tube modification and nine months later you could not make delivery as agreed to for July(2013). This not being able to contact me was completely false, E-mails and telephone conversations with your office secretary (her words) trying to get this resolved in late July support that. Further all correspondence by myself, Oregon Attorney General's office, my attorney, and lastly service by Sherriff's Dept (address non existent ) went unanswered. You and I seem to have a much different opinion of going out of the way to please your customers. Everything I have stated was not false.

I will end this discussion permanently with this. I never criticized your products and to this day believe they are worthy of consideration. My fault lies in how you handled business - end of discussion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
BS

"First of all any of the content posted on this forum any allegations of our company or employees posting are false. If you have a question about our products please call us and ask don't take someone's poor Internet behavior as coming from us."

I don't care about Igotbit. (well maybe a little, but it seems like a private beef with two sides to the story) But the above quote is bullshit. You have been caught, buddy, here and on other sites. So spare us. Catboater1, riverbound, orto11, paulw, the dipshit fake post looking for frame reviews for a new whitewater publication, the references to some new forum that you sponsor. It's either you, your employees, lovers friends whatever. It doesn't matter. You have shit talked all of your competitors at one time or another, and as recently as this week, and treated us buzzards as if we are stupid enough to fall for it. When you get called on it you our your alter-egos alternatively insult, threaten (privately and publicly) or play the "why are you picking on a poor guy trying to make a living" card.

Not saying this happened, but one consequence of using a fake address for your corporate registered agent is that you might end up with a judgment against you didn't know about

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Speaking of Orto, when we gonna go have that beer? I been so busy that I forgot to keep following up.

Ted
I was wondering if that ever happened. My guess was that it never would.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Looks to me like a court of law looked at this case and found
"I got bit", really did get bitten.

One of the good things about the
Buzz is it's boaters make other boaters aware of good or bad service.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's right Ted, thanks for the reminder. I invited Orto boating, still stands bud !!! As Ted knows from this spring on the SFk Clearwater. You boat with me, it may be re flip practice !!!!

Have a great summer, be safe

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
155 Posts
My opinion of them hasn't changed, but at least posting as who they really are is a step in the right direction.

Still waiting on all those consequences that are supposed to be coming my way...

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
4,050 Posts
My opinion of them hasn't changed, but at least posting as who they really are is a step in the right direction.
The IP addresses (source of posts) of the members who have posted supporting CWI have been frequently checked and have never indicated relationships with each other or with CWI. If there were any connections to CWI by any of the people supporting them, MB would have made them public when discovered.

Everyone pointing fingers and alleging some grand conspiracy at CWI to spam MB with fake testimonials needs to take a step back and realize that every brand has its avid supporters who like their gear and are proud of it. I've heard great things about CWI's frames, not such great things about their customer service and timeliness delivering their products, I don't know anything about their boats.

My understanding is that the original poster ("I got bit" or OP) was had a CWI frame modified for a motor by a local welder, and then wanted his money back from CWI when it didn't work with his small cat.

I have no dog in this fight and the witch hunt is getting old.

"I got bit" created a MB user account solely and specifically for the purpose of bitching about a business in a public forum, likely to leverage his unreasonable complaint against CWI after he purposefully altered his frame and thus voided the warranty by any reasonable standard. "I got bit" was never a member of this community before and has never offered one word of advice about a river run or had anything positive to say about anything. His sole history here is using MB to make allegations about a business and only telling part of the story. That's not what this internet community is for.

This thread is closed.

-AH
MountainBuzz Partnership Director

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.