Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the area know more about this?

The Canyon Inflatables web site goes to -

Rogue Rugged Whitewater and Boat Equipment.

It looks like they re-badged the Canyon web site for now, but removed all contact phone or email info. Hoping for good things here since I've heard the previous Canyon equipment was good, although their presence here on MB has been spotty, but maybe not directly their fault.

Surely orto et al. can offer something enlightening? :)

canyon

Rogue has purchased the former Canyon Whitewater Inflatables rights to the designs and also necessary equipment to produce the designs and will continue to offer the same excellent fabrication qualities and designs of the former Canyon Whitewater Inflatables company product line.

We also have our own new product line in development and will have it to add to our offerings made available to the whitewater community. The members of Rogue have been building whitewater related products and equipment since the early 80's in Grants Pass Oregon and will continue to do so.

Look for changes in the coming months , new products and new contact information. All of our products will be sold through a dealer network that is currently being established. For now we will keep the web pages online and update contact info. We have no access or affiliation to any previous orders or promises written or implied that have been made through Canyon Whitewater Inflatables company.

Our website and product line is under development please allow us time to settle in and finalize new high end whitewater products that will be added as they become available.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I sure hope their business model has changed. Too busy to answer the phone or return emails = little chance of success.

But they're stuff is beautiful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We have no access or affiliation to any previous orders or promises written or implied that have been made through Canyon Whitewater Inflatables company.

Hope no one is waiting on gear!

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
We have no access or affiliation to any previous orders or promises written or implied that have been made through Canyon Whitewater Inflatables company.

Hope no one is waiting on gear!
Who is We? Who are you?

Are you speaking for teh new owners?

What is going on here? I can never figure out what the hell is going on.:confused:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Who is We? Who are you?

Are you speaking for teh new owners?

What is going on here? I can never figure out what the hell is going on.:confused:
That was posted on the bottom of the page linked by Read and Run. He's quoting the new owners.

·
Registered
429 Posts
bad to worse

I've got a buddy whose brand-new never-out-of-the-box raft has been sittin down at Canyon Inflatables for 10 months in the queue to have a frame built for it. At this point he is considering his deposit gone; he just wants his boat back. This sucks.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. Seems like if you buy a company, you also purchase it's debt and obligations, unless Canyon filed Chapter 11.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Interesting. New company name not yet registered with state. Hope it's a real change and not a desperate attempt at a reset.

Sent from my HTC One using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Super Moderator
4,050 Posts
Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. Seems like if you buy a company, you also purchase it's debt and obligations, unless Canyon filed Chapter 11.
They danced around that issue in an interesting way (from the website):

Rogue has purchased the former Canyon Whitewater Inflatables rights to the designs and also necessary equipment to produce the designs and will continue to offer the same excellent fabrication qualities and designs of the former Canyon Whitewater Inflatables company product line.
Not the company, just the rights to the designs and the necessary equipment (and domain name) to build CWI's frames.

·
Shapp
1,849 Posts
I would wager it is a re-set by some of the folks that either owned or worked at Canyon. Why would they "buy" the designs. I highly doubt they were patented or are patentable.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My buddy with the hostage boat got a return call from James at Canyon this afternoon. According to James, he has sold all of his equipment and it is being relocated to Grants Pass and should be operational by the end of July. James then has 90 days to finish up his existing obligations before the new owners take over production.

Given how long my friend has been in the queue, James assured him that he would finish his boat since he was at the head of the line. We will see. I don't know where that leaves folks further back in line whose orders cannot be completed in the 90 day window. James reportedly said he wasn't in the position to refund anyone's money.

Assuming best of intentions on his part, I would still be very concerned if I had money and/or boats tied up in this.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Im glad I never donated any money to canyon(almost did two years ago)...I assure you though if I had a frame or boat I was waiting on and about to be screwed out of I would be in my truck driving to get even with that thief...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just read this thread I thought from the title it was a question about the canyon on the rogue. I have a Aire and custom frame on order supposed to be ready by Sept.1 , guess I need to call tomorrow and see whats up with my package.

" mtrafter to call someone a thief suggests they have stolen something ,you have proof of this or are you just talking? Always seems like the people who aren't customers get more wound then people who are :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lol partnered with homeslice from American whitewater products ???? Its too bad for the awesome fabrication skills some of these outfits have they sure seem to struggle at running a functional business.

·
Registered
181 Posts
True...but if he claims hes not in the position to refund anyones money where did it go? Lol I get fired up over things like this because ive lost deposits before in similar circumstances...irresponsible business people, con men, thieves whatever you wanna call them all the same

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will update tommorow if I can reach someone, I know of 3 people who have had them build frames and had nothing but good to say about the buying experience, one a close friend and I personally saw his when we picked it up thats why I went with them. I also know they had a hell of a wait list at one time. I will try and get the run down, as a current customer hopefully I can get a bit more info.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts