·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
ROTFLMO !

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Sorry I miss spoke, they are 22lbs different. The hyside is 25lbs lighter. My bad. Still 52+38ish + seat= pretty light. My frames probably around 55-60lbs. Of course if you are a gram counter your in a pack raft. I'll just say mines a heavy pos. No biggie with four dudes but two and stacking and blah blah. It's heavy (to me) still not to bad though . Last year the paddle guys didn't want to help deal with it so I had to paddle. Next time I went I asked, " can I row" and they said," yeah you can paddle no worries." So I ended up leaving it at home all spring. Need to start an outlaw cat boater gang that roughs up round boaters and hardshellers! We'll sell nitrous balloons and keep you "safe " at the take out! Huh!? Huh!? Great idea! Demon cats!? Oh shite!!! HELL CATS! no...cataclysmic...cattastrophe...catatonic fucktards...I dunno...I need a internet intervention though.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Yes, but his special time involves building boats building oars and reinventing the wheel!

Reactions: MT4Runner

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 13' Legend and my friend has a 12.5' Legend. We both have lo-pro Dusty River Logistic frames. They easily will handle what you are describing. We've ran the Gallatin up to 5-6k and the Lochsa up to 20k. They're awesome. I'm sure the wave destroyer is similar. The only problem with these boats is that they'll make you feel 10' tall and bullet proof, then you'll flip. They're easy to reflip midstream as long as you don't weigh them down with dryboxes/cooler ect.

If you're looking for a 1 person rig that is the way to go. 2 people then yah the sabertooth or similar would be fun as well. You do see people with a Maverick/Goose setup with those play cats but not sure I'd really like that personally.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Paid for the 12 foot wave destroyer. Scored it local so no drama and orange so you guys can see me better upside down. Wanted a legend but I haven't earned that yet and they won't deliver a new boat till December. Some day maybe if I heal up I'll score a little paddle rig. Have calls in to all frame guys but they are way out too. So iam taking a cut off wheel to mine. Local guys going to make it a one guy and cut off and save the passenger "module " so it can be added after the fact for 300 bucks. It'll be heavier than a badass new one but hopefully not to much and he's making it so my feet reach the pedals which will be awesome. Il be charging it down as many sections as I can as much as possible and hope to see the lochsa this year (maybe just look at it lol). Iam very excited to give it hell. Want to run-alberton, middle flathead, gallatin and bear trap as much as I can. Iam actually not to big a kook so if anyone wants or needs or just wanted to be kind , I'd be down to meet new groups and go boating ! Thanks everyone for the great advice!!
P.s. that other seat ( ) will stay in the basement . This one's getting a regular low back

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Sit on your cooler like a boatman! Seats are for rookies lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yeah that guys good. Think there was anxiety for him thinking he could get separated from his boat?
I would be terrified.

And I'm ok being with myself but that would be a little long to be alone for me.

Then again I was terrified of the grand in a 14'.

I'm a wuss, I know.

But it was still awesome, obviously.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts