Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anything in Bluff or Blanding or do we have to go to Moab? I've researched a little with no luck and my gut tells me Moab is the best bet.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. For a launch on April 23, just for the upper. Can't believe I drew a permit as was denied, of course, everywhere else.

Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
There is nothing for canoes South of Moab. There used to be Red River Canoeing in Moab, Tex's in Moab will probably rent to you with a substantial deposit, RimRock in Fruita as well. Most of these places will also rent you gear like a groover, firepan, etc. If you haven't canoed in the desert before, a metal oil change pan is an excellent firepan with significantly less weight than the giant Cambridge Welding setup with legs, adjustable grill, folding handles, that I raft with and weighs as much as my canoe.

You might also contact Centennial Canoe, they rent boats, although I'm not sure where their boats are stored.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is nothing for canoes South of Moab. There used to be Red River Canoeing in Moab, Tex's in Moab will probably rent to you with a substantial deposit, RimRock in Fruita as well. Most of these places will also rent you gear like a groover, firepan, etc. If you haven't canoed in the desert before, a metal oil change pan is an excellent firepan with significantly less weight than the giant Cambridge Welding setup with legs, adjustable grill, folding handles, that I raft with and weighs as much as my canoe.

You might also contact Centennial Canoe, they rent boats, although I'm not sure where their boats are stored.
Thanks so much! I was wondering if Tex's would be the best option.

Ha! My oil pan has been on several San Juan trips before!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tex's Riverways in Moab is a great operation from my experience. While I've never rented a canoe from them, they seem to have a large fleet of them. Tell Kenny I said "hi".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check the out door recreation department at San Juan college in Farmington NM. I believe they rent canoes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts