Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Einer
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am canceling a San Juan permit today for April 13th for 15 people for the Sand Island to Clays Hills stretch. One of our group drew an April 21st launch so here's hoping some Buzzard can pick up the 13th launch if it comes up on Recreation.gov.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oooh interesting. I'm new to the lotteries, so forgive the question if it's dumb. Can you transfer permits you don't want or just have to cancel em and let everyone fight for them on cancellation day?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Oooh interesting. I'm new to the lotteries, so forgive the question if it's dumb. Can you transfer permits you don't want or just have to cancel em and let everyone fight for them on cancellation day?
You have to fight......for the right.....:wink:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Depends on the river/lottery. You can transfer a Salt permit, but that lottery is run by Kinsail. You can transfer a Westwater permit, but there's no lottery, you call up 60 days before launch date and actually talk to a human being (if you get through).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Love that stretch of river! Okay, I think I'd like to have your permit. Thank you so much for offering!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for posting up!

Saw the post and reserved the trip, we will hoist brews in your honor! :cool:

If something changes and you want to jump in drop me a PM, we aren't a large party and we'll add you on!

·
Registered
23 Posts
bgarnick,
Just noticed your from Bozo MT, wife and I have lived in that area. We bought our Air Jag from Mike at the Barn and have ran the Gallatin and Beartrap many, many times!

·
Registered
23 Posts
You know I do!

Just reserved the permit today and planned to extend an invite to all the GC crew :cool:

Right now it's my brother and me on my boat and my son and a bro in duckies, Shanna's heading to SC to attend a grand baby birthing.

Take care,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Apparently not.

I just went to the new web site, April 13 had a big blue 'A' where there had been a 'R'. I mashed the 'A' and paid my money. Quickly got a conformation and reserved a bottom end camp.

The new system worked really well.

·
Registered
358 Posts
San Juan cancellations

They are currently releasing permits until April 14th.

Attention:
Permit Reservations are currently available for river trips launching January 1-April 14. Reservations for river trips launching April 15-December 31 will be available on March 16, 2015 at 10 a.m. ET.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts