Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
What if Marty and Booth raced Tao in the Dynamic Duo, I would put in some cash to see that for sure!!!! Maybe there should be a Duo creek race at the Lyons Games?

·
Registered
374 Posts
He should come to Animas River days and do the town run Down river race, I'd put up some money that he will get beat by at least (2) people in Durango, most likely about 5.

The boats are longer and the paddles look wierd.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
Gnarrows champ where u at? Back from Cali ready to knock of the reigning champ? We need you and your Gus to represent for the CO.

I think I'm putting on for this one myself. Mainly because I heard a rumor that if you beat Tao he is going to personally count out 5 crisp hundred dollar bills and put them in your hand at the awards ceremony and the scene will be featured in the next demshitz movie!

·
Registered
138 Posts
tao offering money to anyone who can beat him? a few years ago he backed off rodgers creek while we bagged it because he said it was "too high" and jacque his photographer couldn't get the right angle for a shot. too bad he doesn't offer money to people for running shit he walks.

marty, my nomad broke on ssv 2 weeks ago and it's going to take a month to get another. hook me up with a villain and i'll paddle that thing everyday until the race and we can split tao's money when i put him to shame again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't know anything about tao...heck, I'm a rafter...but I love good smack-talk. And at least he's being cool about the challange as he gives props to other paddlers.

I'll be looking forward to hearing about one of you dudes taking his money. Until then, seems like talking shit about the guy is pretty pointless. He's putting his jack where his mouth is...let's see one of you guys take it. He isn't even asking for a match, so what's to loose?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Unbelievable. No way I would win this one, but I'm pissed that I can't at least race. Everyone better be getting into this one - that's an awesome race. Props to Tao for sticking some money into his shit talking - love it. Jen that was also awesome!
Joe

·
Registered
911 Posts
Dang this is getting out fast... OK here is all the skinny I have at the moment. Tao called me the other day to mention that he genuinely feels that the Adam Barron Memorial Creek race on SSV is one of the best races in the country and that he wants to see more athletes challenge him on this course. His point was that a larger purse would draw them out. Truth be told, as organizer of the kayak events, there was no more money that the Town of Lyons could put up. So, as the competitor that Tao is, he put his own money up as long as someone would back him up if he wins. That is where Oskar Blues Brewery RULES!!! Oskars is one of the primary sponsors of the Games already and heck, Lyons is Oskars home town! They are matching Tao’s 500.00 if he wins and then some if he wins by 2 full seconds. Not only that, it comes with a years worth of free beer!!! That is what you call hometown pride my friends. They not only make my favorite pale ale (Dales!!), but they care about kayaking and want to see the Colorado locals give Tao a serious run for (literally) “HIS” money.

First off, you can talk smack about Tao all you want, but bottom line Tao is damn good and a super fast paddler. He has taken the "W" of the Adam Barron Memorial Creek race for the last two years straight. It is mine and Oskars hope that the home boys of the 970, 719 and 303 are stoked to train their asses off and let's keep the title here in Colorado this year. Don’t think for a second that because you know this course, that this alone will give you a “W”. He is going to be out there training for a week solid once the Teva games are done. He wants this win again for the 3rd straight year!

The C&K article mentions that it will be a $1000.00 first place purse. That is most likely going to grow a bit as well, but we are working on some other final pieces before we finalize. Look for this to be posted in a day or so. Just know that the minimum 1st place purse is 1000.00 and likely to grow…

Bottom line, we will have one class… I will announce the rules as they finalize but here is the basic format.

After two qualifying runs, the top 10 racers go on to a third and final run. We will have a shuttle set up so racers don’t have to lug themselves and their boats back to the top of the course. There will be cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. That detail will be worked out in the next day or so, but suffice to say it is not insignificant…

WHO WANTS TO SEE TAO COUNT OUT FIVE BENJAMINS TO THE WINNER BABY!!!!!!

Every boater should know that Oskars is a great local brewery and loves river sports. They were the first (or certainly one of the first) to make super quality micro brew in cans. They are the fastest growing micro brewery in the country and they are big supporters of sporting in general. They have been a huge part of the LOG (Lyons Outdoor Games) over the years and always make sure the party and food go off with quite a bang. But also know that they helped to get the dollars raised to build us a kick ass ww park, and lots of other aspects to local kayaking that most paddlers don’t even know of. Support them please and show them we appreciate their support of kayaking events….

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
While Tao may win this race I doubt if he would even make finals in the Pine Creek Race...

He would be destroyed by Demshitz so I imagine that we wont even see him compete..

·
Registered
929 Posts
Pine creek? That race is quicker than the second time I had sex. Lame.

What I want to know is who is going to give me a thousand dollars so that when I break my boat on my third training lap I can buy a new creekboat for the rest of the season?

If someone posts that I should just buy a crosslink villian I will kick them right in the baby maker.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dude is fast...

We were on SSV last year when Tao was lapping the narrows solo a few days before the race...dude made it look way too easy, as much as he sometimes annoys me, the dude is fast...just sayin. Evan, if I read your post right, I am pulling for you bro! Here's hoping someone from the Centennial state has a fatter wallet come race day!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts