Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get away somewhere new. I have my family coming into town so it’ll be a drive in type event. Looking for something with a lake, preferably no motor boat travel, some good hiking and maybe something else nice to see. Weekend of June 26th.

I'm also thinking about taking a raft and getitng my 2 and 4 year olds out on a river for their first trip. Suggestions for a nice 1/2 day pretty flat water float?

So what’s that one place you just can’t wait to get back to?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looking to get away somewhere new. I have my family coming into town so it’ll be a drive in type event. Looking for something with a lake, preferably no motor boat travel, some good hiking and maybe something else nice to see. Weekend of June 26th.

I'm also thinking about taking a raft and getitng my 2 and 4 year olds out on a river for their first trip. Suggestions for a nice 1/2 day pretty flat water float?

So what’s that one place you just can’t wait to get back to?
Ok, I'm confused (a normal condition for me)...are you asking for a nice lake to camp by, with a river nearby to float for 1/2 a day???

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mainly looking for the camping/hiking. We are thinking about dragging a raft along for a little float to fill the time but that's second to just getitng out and spending some time by the fire with family.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Options

Check out Steamboat Lake or Pearl Lake north of Steamboat. There may still be enough water to float some of the Yampa that time of year. If not rafting it may be tubing. Pearl lake is non-motorized but SL has big boats. Another great option is Cottonwood lake up Cottonwood Pass above BV. The camping is good but not on the water. The fishing is good in the lake and you could always float Stone Bridge to Salida in the raft.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts