Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
There just isn't much camping very near the town, unfortunately. I would seriously consider just getting a spot at the KOA just east of town.

Junction Creek is your only other option within 15 minutes of the Park. Other than that, you have to drive up 550 to find legal camping (cold) or halfway up to Pagosa. Lemon Lake / Vallecito is also cold. There's a quiet turnaround just within the Forest Service at the top of Missionary Ridge, but it's not easy to find and it's at 8500 feet.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...just a heads up...junction creek campground was closed due to construction....off we went to vallecito campground.....closed!....i wanted to become the "vallecito strangler"....koa would have been the thing to i guess....not used to koa-camping...thought it would be easier to find something....the night before we camped on the north rim of the black.....SICK........LOUD......JAW DROPPING...thanks for the heads up on hermosa for the next trip.....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...just a heads up...junction creek campground was closed due to construction....off we went to vallecito campground.....closed!....i wanted to become the "vallecito strangler"....koa would have been the thing to i guess....not used to koa-camping...thought it would be easier to find something....the night before we camped on the north rim of the black.....SICK........LOUD......JAW DROPPING...thanks for the heads up on hermosa for the next trip.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts