Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
At the take-out by the confluence of the Rio Pueblo/Rio Grande at Taos Junction Bridge (Sunset Rapid) or north of Questa at any of the Wild Rivers campgrounds along the Upper/Middle Box. Used to be free though the BLM recently took over and are starting to charge. If you camp near the take-out, you can also drive across the TJB, switchback up to the mesa and camp there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Charging

Yes they are now charging to park and camp around TJBridge (even above) It's $3.00 day use and $5.00 to camp overnight primitive or improved. Lot's of big water have fun!
-Dave

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think the LTB BLM improved camp ground (upstream of Pilar) was $7 a night, but I did not personally stuff the envelope, the other guys in the group did. Included running water, full on m/w bathrooms with real sinks and toilets (not vaults), camp shelter with 3 walls and cement floor at each site, picnic tables, combo bbq grill/fire pit ring. I thought they were pretty darn nice and possibly fit for a non-camping spouse, but man does the wind blow down there. Take out from LTB run and walk 50 yds to camp, avoiding cactus along the way.

We ran it earlier this year at around 1400, take out could be more dicey with less slowing around the bend. Worst case take out right at bridge, and walk a little further. Did I mention that the wind blows?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts