Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
As i am just becoming a trip planner (i've always been a passenger), i'm looking for information on the rivers in CO. I am very familiar with the Upper C, but beyond that, i'm learning.

I am trying to plan a trip for labor day on the Green or Gunnison and am curious about put ins, take outs, and camping along the river for multi day trips.

Is there a resource that gives you info on camping (at put ins, take outs and along the river), how long (time) a trip will take, if there is a commercial runner (for rentals, shuttle, ect) nearby, parking, etc?

How do all you knowledgable boaters out there learn all this stuff!! Share!

Thanks!
Lennae

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
The first thing you should try is the search function of this forum. There are certainly many other posts on this same subject, please do your best to look around before asking for more information. I'll also say, as it's apparent to me from your other posts that you have not searched, nor are familiar with the areas your requesting information about. In the end you will get a lot more out of the forum if you research old posts rather than simply asking for it to be regurgitated to you.

Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Mountain Buzz - Search Results, here is a very basic search to get you started. it's simply overnighters, Colorado. 30 results, a few should give you ideas and maybe some more links... Good Luck.

I'd give you details but I'm not familiar with the area and I just think you'll learn a lot more doing some research...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Brian,
I know that I can search within mountainbuzz but wasn't sure if mountainbuzz is the only source for this kind of info or if there are other sites or useful books. it can sometimes be very time consuming or overwhelming sifting through the forum posts...if there was a book/site with everything in one place that was just info (not conversations) to start with, thats what i'm looking for. something with all the rivers in CO with their avg seasonal flows, camping, trip length, permits, etc, so when i say, "hey, lets raft tomorrow" i have a generalized Colorado regional resource.

I'll be doing more searching on this site too.

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
Though out of print, Western Whitewater is another great guidebook.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts