Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
So who regulates the river once you leave the Park boundary? And if the left side is Reservation land, how can the Park restrict what happens on that land?
(I am certainly not trying to find ways to skirt the law/rules. Just learning. )
The left side boundary is disputed between the various tribes and the NPS. Until this is adjudicated there is no clear jurisdiction either way. Not to go too far out in the weeds here but the NPS position seems that at least below the historic high-water line is within their jurisdiction.

· Registered
476 Posts
In 2010 they revised the regulations on gathering driftwood.
Driftwood collection season changed from October 1 through April 30 to November 1 through end of February. The reason given was the lack of wood and damage to the riparian environment from over collection. My recent experience is that there is still wood during the winter season especially if you stop and gather before reaching camp. By the start of the summer season, I have noticed that some camps like at Fern Glen have most of their wood supply gone. Each year is different but with the recent heavy monsoon season it seems like there is more wood available.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
With all due respect, if ya cut back on your Mtnbuzz time budget just a smidge, you could build one of those burners, easy. It wouldn't take an hour, once you had the parts gathered. It's one trip to the hardware store, plus an Amazon order. 😉

I know I'd be more productive without you beaters!
One trip to the hardware store! Hahahaha! Oh that’s a good one! Now you’re just trolling the poor guy.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
In 2010 they revised the regulations on gathering driftwood.
Driftwood collection season changed from October 1 through April 30 to November 1 through end of February. The reason given was the lack of wood and damage to the riparian environment from over collection. My recent experience is that there is still wood during the winter season especially if you stop and gather before reaching camp. By the start of the summer season, I have noticed that some camps like at Fern Glen have most of their wood supply gone. Each year is different but with the recent heavy monsoon season it seems like there is more wood available.
Thanks for reminding me. I'd forgotten about how camps like Fern Glen can have their beach lined with firewood.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
One trip to the hardware store! Hahahaha! Oh that’s a good one! Now you’re just trolling the poor guy.
Yeah. An hour to build. An hour to go to the hardware store. Another hour to go to the hardware store… I bill out at $125/hour. That makes for a pretty spendy DIY project. Some things pencil out. Some things don’t.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts