Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have any particularly good experiences/dealings with any camper shell dealers in the metro area?

so I'm cleaning out my truck after camping this weekend to take the tacoma in for the 90k service and the bent ski-pole-hook i use to get stuff at the front, slips off the camping gear tub, and smacks right into the sliding side window, and POW, millions of glass shards all over the driveway--that's the price of being lazy, I guess... :oops: :( :cry: :-x :roll:

...so now I need a replacement sliding side window for a Snugtop cap

AA Topper Sales is close to me, but I don't know anything about them or any others, so any help/beta would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Jay

·
Registered
676 Posts
i bought my topper at suburban topper in denver (on colfax, i believe?). they were great. i would recommend them to anyone in the market for a topper or needing repairs to one. not sure if they're a snugtop dealer.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Suburban is great but I don't think they handle Snug Top brand. Not sure if you have to get a ST replacement window or not.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Suburban unfortunately is not a snugtop dealer

I called AA and they seemed pretty cool. Unfortunately I have to replace the entire window, I can't just replace the broken pane which sucks, but it's "only" $150-$250 so I guess it could be worse

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to me..slider glass broke. Took it to a Auto Glass shop. They took out the window frame, made a outline of it and special ordered the glass. It took about 5 days but I think it was only ~$60-$70. Might be worth calling around.

Suburban unfortunately is not a snugtop dealer

I called AA and they seemed pretty cool. Unfortunately I have to replace the entire window, I can't just replace the broken pane which sucks, but it's "only" $150-$250 so I guess it could be worse

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
name of shop?

Do you have the name of the shop that did that? I called a place suburban recommended and they said they couldn't do it, and AA recommended Elite, but I'm afraid that they're quote will be more than what you paid since they're pretty big operation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was Safelite Auto Glass in Boulder on 30th street.
They are a big company but the guy in the shop got way into it. I think he was happy to do something other than another windshield. I was surprised at the cost considering the guy had to take out something like 40 screws to
get the long side window frame out. But I think the glass in the topper is fairly cheap.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Cool thanks--

That's reassuring, and makes some sense too, since Elite and Safelite are affiliated.

We'll see how it goes...

·
Registered
288 Posts
If the glass companys dont work out give Nick D. a call @ Auto Accessories & Design 970-223-6870. I used to work with him and has been selling toppers his whole life! Tell him Carlson reffered you and he will hook you up. Also if you dont mind doing the work yourself you may want to call a few junkyards.

Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts