Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The call has been made for the first-ever Rincon Rendezvous — a weekend gathering to celebrate one of Colorado’s finest mystery move venues.

Offering up looong, deep, consistently smooth rides to satisfy the hungriest of mystery hounds, Rincon is truly an epic squirtboating destination.

Come join us on the weekend of August 26-27 and represent the Rocky Mountain squirt boating community. Free camping is located just upstream.

>>Click here to download the event flyer for more details
>>Click here for a sneak peek of the action (or lack there of)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Sweet vid.

COUNT

·
Registered
807 Posts
that is killer! I will be out of town that weekend but I would be down to get back in my Angst. It has been four or five years. Hey just so you know the river will be significantly lower that weekend. The flow management program ends the 15th. The river could stay up if it keeps raining but usually you will see a drop down to at least 400 or so. I think that spot stays in pretty low maybe you know better than me.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Good to see some one gettin her done - squirtin style! That vid fired me up to go down there for a session sometime this week. Also if you go down there after about the 17th of Aug let us know how it is - after the water drops.

I wish I could make it but I have to start packin horses for the start of for elk huntin season!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
That was crazy! I've been thinking about getting a squirt boat. Anybody know what they run and where to look?

COUNT

·
sports enthusiast
148 Posts
Count, you should definitely give in to that urge.

The Angst kayak message board is a great place to start. Its patrons are happy to help people getting into the sport. It's also THE primary venue for buying/selling used squirts.

http://angstkayak.com/messageboard/index.html

While you're there, check out the designs on the Angst site. They're designed in TN and mostly built by Murky Water in Canada.

The two major builders in North America are PS Composites in PA and Murky Water. Check 'em out here:

http://customkayak.com/
http://murkywaterkayak.com/

Most squirtboaters have custom-built jobs that are pretty pricey, but new folks can often find used boats that fit pretty well for quite a bit cheaper. Good luck!

-Sam

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Thanks. I've checked out Angst and Custom Kayak before. Sorting through the posts on Angst really made me realize how lucky all us Buzzards are. This site is awesome! But anyways, there were only a handfull of boats for sale and most of those were in the East. And I didn't see any in my size range (5'1", 135lbs., 32"IS). It kind of looks like I would have to go the custom route, but there's no way I can drop that kind of cash. I don't know anything about cuts. Is there an easy way introduce someone to squirtboating or is it gonna cost a pretty penny just to decide how much I like it?

COUNT

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
COUNT said:
Thanks. I've checked out Angst and Custom Kayak before. Sorting through the posts on Angst really made me realize how lucky all us Buzzards are. This site is awesome! But anyways, there were only a handfull of boats for sale and most of those were in the East. And I didn't see any in my size range (5'1", 135lbs., 32"IS). It kind of looks like I would have to go the custom route, but there's no way I can drop that kind of cash. I don't know anything about cuts. Is there an easy way introduce someone to squirtboating or is it gonna cost a pretty penny just to decide how much I like it?
Count, I might be heading over to rincon this weekened, and I'll definetely be there for the rendezvous. I've got 2 boats that you could try out (an asylum and a prize) -- both would be a close fit.

Deb O'keef might also be out this weekned and for the RR. If you can make it out and she's around, her boat is the one you'll wana try for sure.

Scoreing a used boat that would be performance oriented at your size would be tough, but there are a few out there (i think i might know of one). Alternatively, if your remotly crafty with fiber glass, you could alwayse pick up a beater for $100 or so and do a self chop.

Come to rincon on 26-27. There'll be a bunch of boats you can try out.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Rincon this weekend? Sunday by chance?

COUNT

·
Registered
807 Posts
Damm...all this squirting talk got me all fired up. So yeterday I broke out the Angst for the frist time since 2000 or so. Jammed some foam in there, left the life jacket in the garage and walked over to the WW park. I hung out at the upper hole and got some down time there. It was actually pretty good. I am not a very good squirt boater to begin with and I have not done it in forever and I was able to get some good 5-6sec mysteries. There is a notch in the drop on the surfers left and it was pleanty deep. Fun. You guys are reviving squirting with all this stoke...good on ya! REDNK...lets hit up Rincon sometime or the spot in BV. I am in Wyoming right now but when I get back I'll holla at you. It will be like 1998 up in this piece!

·
sports enthusiast
148 Posts
Does anyone know of a guy in Colorado who has the green metalflake-decked Asylum with shamrocks on the bow and stern ends of the hull?

I met a dude at JimiCup a few years ago who said he sold this boat and a boatbag to a gentleman in Colorado, but I haven't been able find him here.

It's the boatbag I'm interested in.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,
sam

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rincon Renendezvous Pre-Game

Rincon Renendezvous Pre-Game is on this weekned!

There's a crew heading out for a friday evening session, on through saturday and maybe sunday.

See you all out there.

-lenny

·
sports enthusiast
148 Posts
You jerks...

I'm sitting at DIA right now in the middle of an orange terror alert. Flying once a day for the next three days. Sweet...

Oh Rincon, how I pine for thee...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Article in Bend, OR paper

Hey guys...I just wanted to let you know that there was an article about the Squirt Festival in the Bend newspaper. I was thoroughly amused and amazed that it made it all the way up here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts