Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
no tengo
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kayaker and manager of 4 Corners Riversports Tony Meily was involved in a serious ATV accident on Friday and will likely lose his right hand as a result. He was flown to Denver to try to save his hand and will be there for more than a week - had over a dozen hours of surgery.

This will cost a lot! Not to mention therapy and some sort of cool luke skywalker robot hand so he can still kayak. Please help if you have the means.

Tony Miely Support and Info <- the story and paypal donate button.

Also there is an open facebook event to bring meals when they return to Durango here: Login | Facebook

·
Registered
567 Posts
Devastating news and all my heart goes out to the Miely family. Tony is one of the most stand up and well liked individuals in the p-sports community and I can only find solace in the amount of support and love he will find from his friends when he returns home.
Praying for a speedy and smooth recovery for you and Tina.

Mark

·
Registered
68 Posts
As much as Tina appreciates the thoughtfulness of people cooking for them she is not ready to deal with that just yet. Let's let them get settled back in Durango whenever that may be and then she will let us know if and when she wants extra meals.

I am at the hospital with Tony and his family and have been passing along everyones thoughts and prayers as they come in. Tony is a strong one and will remain that way, he will get through this. Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers. Luke

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Thinking about you Tony. Not sure what to say, just hoping you'll come through this alright.

·
Registered
39 Posts
All my best wishes and thoughts to you Tony!!! Sending positive vibes straight into you from Silverton's magical mountains, from Maria (and Mike B)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Tony,

I don't know what to say. No words can really help the situation but I am praying for you my friend. We all are.

hobie

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tony,
the only thing that can counter my extreme sorrow for your accident is the knowledge that you are an incredible person and have what it takes to power through this in the same confident and inspiring way you do everything in your life. My thoughts are with you and your family and I wish you the best.
Wrach

·
Registered
374 Posts
My love and support to you and Tina. Be strong.

Steve.

·
Registered
305 Posts
TonyM Checkin' in

Hello All You Buzzards! I have never been great typing but this 1 hand thing is going to take some time. First off, Thank you all for you support! I was in a Rhino ATV that rolled over, I was a passenger and had my right hand on a metal grab handle when it rolled. I have lost most of my right hand, but I should have use of my wrist and may have a stub of a thumb. I do happen to be a lefty, so i got that going for me. I spent the last week in Denver ICU, i have been through 4 surgeries and have another monday, hopefully the last for a while. I am out of ICU and in a regular room. This has been and will continue to bethe biggest challenge life has ever thrown me, I am trying to look at the positives, i have my legs, i have my mind, i have the best support on the planet from all of you, my wife Tina, my family, and my determination. I know I have a long road but i am still here and i will boof again!Thank you all, I will be on her updating more. Thank you all! Tony Miely 4CRS

·
Registered
305 Posts
For any updates, I (his wife Tina) have been writing a blog about this experience. It is www.tonymiely.blogspot.com
thanks to those who have already been there and donated to the fund!! We appreciate it so much and it will go towards helping to get Tony some custom paddling tools!!

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,248 Posts
Dood,,, that sucks
I just found out... was offline for a couple of months while moving
Just gives me another reason to hate those stinking noise makers

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident man, that's too bad... I hope all is well, and if i could i'd donate myself, but i'm in almost the same boat as you. And i know that no matter what it's going to work out, and it will for you too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts