Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so cal beta? all of you who know me, I'm moving to the beach!!!!! should i sell my gus?

aaron

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sell your Gus?!! Quit boating?!! I used to live in San Diego and the boating is far but worth driving. The Kern is fun and has some good creeks in the drainage. As far as really close boating I am not that sure.

I'm heading to the Butte this weekend, how are the turns? :D

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mountain still has very little open. The BC is still sketch but do able. check at the alpineer as you come into town. those guys know what the deal is in the BC around here.

I won't quit boating but I am wondering if having a creek boat down there is worth it. I absolutely won't give up my airhead. As much Beta as you may have because I'm only about 45 min from san diego is appreciated. Playspots/creeks/rivers anything you may have. I also posted on boof and have tryed the aw website but am getting little in info.

·
Registered
698 Posts
headed to the butte....

groomers..no steep stuff yet....today was good on the hill.... fast, empty....the snow packers have been gettin hurt..something ripped out today(Teo bowl maybe) left some poor kid stranded in the gnar....had to get rescued..hopefully this weekend we may see something better(steeper) open.....cosurfgod, call me if you make it to town...i've a scam on tickets, kinda.. 275 1890...we could even make some turns?....send some smoke signals.....ps... double-a-ron, ive got a cali guide book if you want me to leave it at al's coffee or something let me know...it's good enough...peace

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
you'll be in cali man -- keep your gus. there's a creek run practically in SD, that runs during heavy winter rain events. temecula creek located conveniently in the town of temecula ... go figure. dinkey creek is in socal but it's a pretty far drive from SD.

where you moving in SD? i love it there, north county in particular ... hotties in bikinis, fish tacos, waves ...

cya

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Milo-I would love to take a look at a guide book. (by al's you mean camp 4?) I can stop by there first thing tomorrow morn. Any word on who got stuck on teo? hopefully we start opening stuff up.

I'll be in the newport area but 405 should get me to sd quickly. god i hope i can find some boating, i thought with the hills and all this wouldn't be a bad place for a boater but i guess i was wrong.

·
Registered
698 Posts
cali guide book

aaron, i am off tonight at midnightish to drive to d-town..i have to drop my bro off at the airport..no work or skiing due to a fractured rib in a hockey game last weekend... so it works for me... yes, i am talking about camp 4.. it will be there after tommorrow.....ask any of the gals or dudes, i know them all.....call me if you need to....it will help you out......don't know who got stranded in teo.....sounds exciting though!!!!!....and i hear you about "the hills and all".....a good thing though.....ski season lets you relax a bit and loosen up that friggin chin strap!!!!!...peace brohinski

·
Registered
399 Posts
Milo I appreciate the offer for the tickets but I got a really good deal and have that taken care of. I will only be skiing Sat, Sun I am heading over to 3 Rivers to buy a boat. If you are skiing Sat, I am up for the smoke signals, I will be packin' D-town heat. I am a telemarker with blue pants, AK Launchers and bomber-teles. If there is any easier way to catch up let me know.

Do you have a recomendation for a place to go for a cold beer after skiing? A fun place for dinner and drinks?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
co surf-
What kind of boat? I have a gus for sale. Check out the Firehouse for drink specials and 35cent wings on Sunday night. Other then that check out the Avalanche for all other meals especially breakfast. Biscuits and Gravy are great.
-aaron

·
Registered
10 Posts
Even though you're in extreme so cal. I wouldn't sell the Gus! Even if you only make the drive north a couple of times it will still be worth holding onto. The Kaweah has some great boating. Hospital Rock, Potwisha, the East Fork. Then you still have the Kings which has a long season(for Califonia) and one of the best,although a short season, DINKEY!!! Have some hope bro! You'll put that boat to use. I'll even offer up a place to crash if you are passing through or don't want to do the whole drive in one shot. Hang in there!
-J.D.

·
Registered
698 Posts
hey cosurfshred...we'll hook up for sure....i just got some pain killas...avalanche for happy hour beers...couple of hotties there...afterwards the ELDO-RADO-CAFE, next to the post office on elk... mellow scene, wool, great food and $2 pints of micro brew....i find you and your D-TOWN HEAT!!! ....PEACE...."tho shall leave no turn unstoned"

·
Registered
698 Posts
cali guide book

yo aaron-double, sorry to not leave the book... i spent 13hours in the car yesterday.....super exciting driving conditons, road closures and wrecks galore....cb-dia-cb..long day.. i will leave the book there today, friday....peace

1 - 13 of 13 Posts