Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I move to San Diego, where is the closest boating (aside from the ocean)? I know it's far, far away from the NW and Sacramento goods, but is there ANYTHING in the SD area that would be considered a "day" trip?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Post your question on boof.com; it's the Cali equivalent of mountainbuzz. I think your closest bet is Kings canyon, a few hours away, but I may be way off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well yeah but that wasn't what was asked for?

The question was:

"If I move to San Diego, where is the closest boating (aside from the ocean)? I know it's far, far away from the NW and Sacramento goods, but is there ANYTHING in the SD area that would be considered a "day" trip?"

I spent 4 days in SD at the sea kayak symposium last weekend and got to surf yak 2 of those days!!!!!!

The 3-4 months of good kern running is opon us and the run off from the seasonal rains makes ocean play less diserable, mother nature puts puzzel pieces like this together for us!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am not sure that any of the Kern stretches are considered day trips for someone from san diego, I do know that there are some pretty good creeks that run in the rainy season, I believe class IV goods. Sespe and Piru Creeks perhaps?? I am not sure since I am up north in Chico but it may give you a starting point. Check out www.dreamflows.com/realtime.html to see what is currently running in the south.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts