Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed through the area this week, wondering what the locals think is a better feature at this level BV or Salida

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
casper park beats both hands bown but if it were up to me in that area id head for salida hole should be fairly consistant.

·
Registered
133 Posts
the upper hole at Salida is good to go...bottom hole was more like a wave, so a little flushy, at least for me.

Salida is always a better option:cool:

·
Registered
807 Posts
the upper hole at Salida is good to go...bottom hole was more like a wave, so a little flushy, at least for me.

Salida is always a better option:cool:
the bottom hole is a wave on river left. every spring it does that until some of the sediment is flushed out of the eddy. The pocket of the hole is as retentive as ever.

Bv is fun right now as well. come on down!

·
Registered
23 Posts
the bottom hole is a wave on river left. every spring it does that until some of the sediment is flushed out of the eddy. The pocket of the hole is as retentive as ever.
I was wondering about that. I was down there Saturday
evening and wasn't sure if there was anything behind that big
wave on the bottom hole. I'd never seen it that large, though
the lowest I'd ever been in the park was at ~1500cfs not the
~700 it was then.

Salida was fun at 700. BV looked nice too. Can't wait to
try out the reworked 2nd & 3rd holes there.

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
BV & Salida Parks

Just Got back from surfing in BV. I didnt surf the top hole because it looked too shallow at this level, but surfed the other three. The 2nd feature is awesome. now that they have reworked it, it is alot better at lower flows. The flow was prob somewhere around 550 up there today and you could get spins, cartwheels, roundhouses, and more. Didnt try to loop because i was trying to keep my head dry since the water is so cold. The 3rd feature was just to surf and spin on, but more shallow than the second. The last feature that used to be super shallow and scary is not super mellow and deep. It was good for spins and cartwheels, but wasnt very retentive. Props to Mike Harvey and the crew for doing some nice work. Will be cool to see with some more water. I have also been surfing salida the past few days and the features are great for this time of year. I have been surfing the lower wave at this level and it is good for endless carwheels, spins, and roundhouses as well. I got one backloop without hitting bottom , but on all my front loop attempts i hit. tried a few mcnastys and phonics monkeys and they went good as well. Its just hard to commit with the water being this cold, ha. Anyway thats m two cents on the bv and salida parks at this level. Its great for getting back in shape and doing something other that riding right now.

Mike T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts