Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a couple of people asking about pics of the recent work done on the BV park, and was curious myself...so I went down and took a few-

the boulder garden that is directly below the South Main Wave:

the first new feature:

the second new feature:

an overview of the updated area:

From the "uptown hole" to beaver falls there are now 8 features in the BV park...woo hoo!

Thanks Mike H., you guys did a fantastic job not only creating the playspots, but also creating eddies and access points!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
GOOD WORK BOYS! yea Harv. that looks great! outstanding!

lmyers, looks like i'll be bringing the playboat to the powder 8 as well!!!!!! nice job on the pics.

and 1 question, beaver falls is the diversion dam? right?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and 1 question, beaver falls is the diversion dam? right?
nope, BV falls is this little natural rapid just below the last man-made feature:

it has looked more like this the last couple of years though...

·
Definite maybe
721 Posts
wow ive lodged my boat in that rapid before, after swimming trying to nail my roll....all part of the fun i guess

·
Registered
735 Posts
Great pictures. I went down the other day to do the same for people asking, but was taking shots from the wrong side and into the sun. Nice work.

Harvey and REP did an amazing job on this section of river. As many know the area where the new features are now was hazardous and challenging to navigate for many. The channels are now cleaned up, pin rocks and strainers have been removed, and more definition has been added to this section of river. Also a new access point to and from the river was established and tons of new bank terracing was added in. And finally, a few extra in stream features for paddlers to have fun in. All of which look great.

We are all excited here in Chaffee Co and BV to have this incredible resource. Come on down and check it out. Just know that the water is super low right now. So if you plan to boat, just be prepared for that.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sweet. A few more reasons to hang out in BV. The rip-rap on the bank looks nice. Looks like it will be a great spot to chill and watch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts