Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Buzzards!

The Colorado state Senate Republicans are trying to push through a bill that was literally written by the free market think tank, ALEC, which is heavily funded by large extraction industries, and other major US corporations.

Here is a blog describing the Republican con game.

Here is a statement from CO's Senate Democrats

SB15-039 is the beginning steps to selling and leasing CO's federally protected public lands and wilderness areas. The bill passed today in the Republican controlled senate. However, the House is controlled by the Democrats, which means this bill has a fair chance of being killed.

This is where we need your help. If you have a spare minute, and if you disagree with the bill, please email your CO state house representative to express your opposition to it. This is incredibly important, and stopping state legislation is still one area where your civic engagement can make a difference. Please share this with as many people as you can if you care about the future of Colorado's public lands, wilderness areas and river access!

Here is the link for all of CO's state house representatives

Your email can be as simple as (and feel free to copy and paste):
Please vote NO on SB15-039. I am an avid outdoor enthusiast who enjoys our protected public lands, and I think this bill will endanger our public lands and Colorado's federally protected wilderness areas.
Thank you,

·
Registered
688 Posts
Thanks Marko, letter in the works now.
-d

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news! The House Democrats just killed SB-39. Thanks to everybody who wrote their state legislators!

Also, the Senate killed a second attempt by Senate GOP to introduce a similar Alec land grab bill. However, it went down in flames because a sensible Republican broke ranks with Party and listened to his constituents.

Cheers, and happy boating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts