Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys recently bought a duckies just to get out on the water getting hooked on the river and now looking to by my first white water kayak I am 5'10" 180lbs and was looking at the liquid logic airhead and was wondering what advice anyone would have on that as my first vessel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would buy used there are a lot of good deals for a full package. I have a Jackson Zen 75 for sale that may work for you. I can outfit you with a full package including boat, spray skirt, and paddle for $700. If you need a dry top and helmet we can talk about that too. Do some research and paddle some differenct boats to find the best boat for you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You should repost this in the Kayaks forum if you want more replies. This forum is for discussing river access and safety issues.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
133 Posts
It sounds like you are looking used, which is the right thing to do.

For more forgiving boats : In the used kayak section for sale of the site, there is a Karma Large, Karma Medium, and a Liquid Logic Remix for sale. All about your size.

Your size is similar to mine, and your a dead ringer for the Medium / Large playboat divide.
If you get a playboat, you will be able to boss around a medium. Learn to roll and go find a play park!!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Airhead would make a fine playboat. They are loose - spiny and good on the front surf.

I would not pay more than $300 for an Airhead in good condition. There are just too many newer better models to be had for 350 to 450.

PS. Make sure you are comfy in the boat i think that boat had a funny fit to it. But that's just me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts