Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to make a public declaration of my BV Envy. I worked up there this fall on the next phase of the whitewater park and spent the entire time wishing I had never moved down valley back in '98. I even had Selby out showing me property. BV kicks total ass. BV is not the problem. I am. Ever since I moved away I have become a total class II bed-wetter. Just ask JV. I could not even keep myself out of the S Bend hole on my one Numbers run for the entire season. If I moved back to BV I would have to make excuses all the time for why I am not up paddling Lake Creek every night. I can just stay safe and sound down here in Salida with the artists and playboaters. Wow, it feels better to have that off my chest....

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yes, many things about BV are pretty damn awesome - especially if you have the JV/Cobe back country hook for the winter.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
There is a lot going on down in the whitewater park right now. Here is a pic from yesterday:

and now it is going to be even more awesome,
thanks Mike!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Buena Vista is awesome (period) - I just love the way you wrote that Harv... I was in Reno for the big snow in early Dec when this thread first hit the streets so I did not see it to make a comment!!!

All kiddin aside the work that Harv, the Selbys, and everyone involved amazes me every time the next "update" of the BV park happens. For the summer of 2010 it looks like 2 totally new spots and they re worked 2 of the other spots... Should make a great park even better!!

Good work boys and thanks for yet another round of new spots and updates!!!! I cant wait until run off and we see how the new park is working but until then I will just have to fill the void with pow lines in the BC.. Harv when you get done let me know lets get in some pow!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Yea the past couple of days in the BC here around BV did not suck... I timed it for you guys - it take me 30 min to get here once I walk out the door of my house....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet pic NEK. I am going to rally with you boys. Maybe next week once we get things under control in BV.

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
So, hard to tell for sure from the photo, but... is there any good paddling in BV right now? Is the upper hole in?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey, could you guys come down here and talk some sense into the Durango City Council? We need to get our shit together and figure our "park" out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
BV is awesome

I concur with all for the love of BV. BV was the first place I came to in Colorado after moving from Maine. Now being a Salidian, the creeks are far, #'s is far, and the play hole is easy and safe. WTF

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Ok...

Now there is very good food here in BV at the Brew pub, Asian Palate, the Garage, and the Green.. But there is yet another reason that BV is awsome(.) and saliva is well just a another town at the exit end of Chaffee Co...

I dont think anyone in salider even has the foresite, tools, or ability to come up with a dish a epic as the Ed.. This is not a dish born from playboatin and painted light bulbs....

Yet another reason to use harv's words "BV is awsome(.)"

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f13/the-best-in-paddling-28810.html

;););)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
A W E S O M E (.)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Youre killing me V!! I haven't had a Mr. Ed in years. You are right...remember all those midnight caynon runs followed by Ed's at the Smoke.....MMMMMMMM

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Toby you know the best times at the gunsmoke were in high school after a bunch of little kings. Then headin over to the gunsmoke to visit Sandoval when he was workin there... ;);)

Why the hell is that place not open 24/7 anymore??

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are done in the river as of today. Some bank work left over the next couple of days. NEK, we set some custom, Buff Joe's, tie off rocks in the bank, just below the bottom drop on Friday....my invoice is in the mail....

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Nice work!

We are done in the river as of today. Some bank work left over the next couple of days. NEK, we set some custom, Buff Joe's, tie off rocks in the bank, just below the bottom drop on Friday....my invoice is in the mail....
Took a sunset walk down by yer work tonight Mike. Looks great! Can't wait to watch the water come up this spring. The bottom drop looks like it has a blunt shoulder on player's right already... That feature looks like it could be really powerful. We figured a 10' wave for sure. :)
P.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts