Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
They will take you down it no matter what the flow I believe.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,438 Posts
depends on what you are looking for. if it is thrills and a splashy wet day, i wouldnt go much under 900 and you'll have to wait for next year. if it is scenery and a day on the river maybe to fish or soak up the sun it is fun down to 400 or so. i have been in there at 250 or a little lower and it seems that the work isnt rewarded. there is one slot, i think it is one of the staircase rapids, that wasnt even big enough to fit the lil' 12'er through. you have to low side and stand a tube up. i think the commercials walk their peeps around while they work the raft through. at this level it isnt rediculosly rocky but the splashes that come over the bow are few and far between. hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's good for a while

I've been a guide on the Ark for 15 years. It's running about 700 right now. It will be there probably through July. You will get wet at that level. Below 500 and you will find some very difficult lines and you really won't get wet unless you're in a small boat. The rapid that the previous post is talking about is raft ripper and there are others below 400 that you will either wrap or have to low side on. Get your runs in now before it get's painfully low.

·
Super Moderator
3,960 Posts
Its great to hear that the Ark will probably run about 700 for the next month. Its still a fun level to run Brown's and you can also run Seidell's at that level. Its technical at 700 but still not a constant rock-dodge. Of course its not the same as when Brown's is ripping at 3K cfs but its much better than bumping into rocks all the way down at 300 - 400...

--Andy

Zach - what's up with that photo of a breaching Narwhale you've got for your Avatar?

·
Registered
90 Posts
He's right; that old ash oar (before it was snapped in two) resembles the unicorn horn of a narwhale nicely :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts