Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only ran once at 1500 in an oar rig and it was cake. Going today at 4500, and am not sure what to expect. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had a paddle raft trip with some first-timers planned today but cancelled. Shouldn't be too crowded if you go though! I've run it at 3400 and had great fun. Back in the 80's we ran it probably higher but I have no idea what the flow was. I know you can expect wood and lots of it today. The paddling will be big and pushy but probably OK but the trees... I'm pretty sure you won't be going under Stone Bridge either :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
hit brown's at 3600 yesterday evening it was TITS. There was quite a bit of wood in the river yesterday and expect a lot more today. Should be a great run at 4500 today and happy siedel's. By the way it looked like siedel's was flushing great yesterday can only imagine its flushing just as well today!;);)

·
Registered
303 Posts
paddle it yesterday as well, hit zume in the middle for the most fun...stay rt to miss...the top of zume is washed out except that lateral wave on the right but it wasnt as big....staircase wash out but still big waves down the middle...i believe you could sneak right but why...big drop was disappointing....raft ripper and the rest are just big waves but fast...siedels was a hoot but not sure you would make it under stone bridge at this level...enjoy...wood didnt seem to be a big issue for our group....

·
Registered
238 Posts
It was primetime this past weekend, I only wish I could have stayed to run it more this week. Zoom is probably one of the smaller rapids now but still has a big hit at the end over the middle rock.

IMO Big Drop, and the last couple rapids before Hecla are the real big ones. Super fun knowing that you don't have big holes waiting for you on the other side too.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was wondering the same thing douchebag. How was it?

I'm planning to be there on Friday if the weather is good enough.

Too bad Stone Bridge is so low, I'd love to see what Twin Falls is like at these flows (but I am not lugging my heavy-ass raft around the bridge LOL)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts