Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone feeling confident looking for a group should join us for a Browns run saturday. 10am put in at Fishermans. Two kayakers and a bunch of rafter nerds :p. Will probably look to kayak something afterwards also. Maybe Chalk creek, or similar.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm thinking of heading over this evening and camping near BV. I'll be at the put in mid-morning. If we catch up there, I'd like to do the run with you guys. I'm in an orange fluid.

I'd like to run some more stuff around that area this weekend as well. Whatever's clever, but no continuous IV or anything with V's. I'm still trying to figure this new boat out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just a heads up if you are thinking chalk creek to browns there is creek wide strainer not runnable in the bottom 2/3 of the run very small 1-2 boat eddy 5-10 yards above the log on left.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I wouldn't suggest any section of Chalk except the highway to the Ark without a guide...and the highway culvert is clogged with wood and there is a strainer halfway down that makes you portage on private land.

The section to hit is the Colorado Trail bridge to the bridge right below Mt Princeton Hot Springs. I've been told it boats very similar to the East Fork San Juan but there is a mandatory portage for a low head somewhere and I would prefer to have Paul T. guide me down the first time.....

All that said we are meeting at Hecla at 1 for Browns so maybe we'll see you at the takeout.

·
Banned
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our group will have a giant 16' white raft and a pair of kayakers. I have a blue/white burn. Sounds like shuttle will be set by 10 and ready to put in.

Nick

·
Banned
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
other kayaker bailed... anyone planning on kayaking around 10 maybe a little after. Also searching for more reliable kayak friends :)

303-304-72 forty 8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts