1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
1250 this Sunday

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I paddled through a 40’ to 50’ drift of snow on the edge of upper lake yesterday – took the sleds out last week – seems to be a ton of doomsday predictions out there and I know that there is not as much snow as there could be but with the BV hole sic at 500-900 cfs and with lake runnin every day there is very high quailty boating in this valley and there will be until the end of july – I would willing to place a significant bet that the Ark gets over 1500 easy this year – any takers?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Based upon a little used algorithym that I found in my notes from survival camp which factors the angle of the sun two weeks from solstice, the adiabatic lapse rate, sublimation ratio, surface permeability and friction coefficients, realtive humidity, big spongy things getting in the way, thirsty mule deer, Coors, those really thirsty bushy things growing on the banks, full moon, available condensation nuclei, winds aloft, cloud cover, smimmers wearing cotton, rock fall, spilled beer, etc., you can expect peak of 1,132.7562 at 16:50 GMT Tuesday June 8, 2004. More or less.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Almost 1900 today and on the way up - the bv hole is just gettin better - hahaha to all the doomsday folks - :p

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I must admit that I was a doomsdayer, but Pine creek is scary at 1400! Clear creek is rockin too! I'll be there on wednesday evening if it's not over 800! Rage on!

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Hey Matt, how's it goin? Sorry have'nt got back to ya, my computers broken. Lil Kenny is an amazing dog, he's smart as hell and gettin big fast. Everyone loves him!! Were gonna be down on the ark all through next week, should be hitting up everything in rafts and yaks, maybe we can get together sometime and float, drop me an email if that works out.

Kent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts