Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Darwin's gonna catch up with you sooner or later. :D

I live in the Springs and think this every time it rains hard--there's some good canals/creeks that would be fun as hell. And the creeks I'm considering, but canals--no fricking way. If you go over, you swim....there is no "roll" in 2' of water without removing your cranium....so you lose your boat and paddle, and if you're lucky, get out. If I'm wrong here, let me know because it looks like a hell of a ride, especially the "single track" stuff.

So about when did you start saying, "I'm going too fast...I'm going too fast."??? :D

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
You and Cayo2 should spend a rainy week running all the gutters on the Front Range.... I'm not going to have any part of it, but props to you for being motivated and having the balls to get it done.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I'm an urban rain chaser too. Love it! Got some great dirty surfing yesterday at confluence.

Every once in a while the rain will bring up the creeks... peak this year was due to rain, not snowmelt.

I always hope for bear creek to come up on rain... but I get dissappointed 99% of the time on that one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My name is Bryan and I'm a ditch paddler. Good to know I'm not the only one. I paddle an irrigation canal that's near my house. It has class 3 drops and slides and a couple class 4 drops as well. Three or four sweet waves and dirt roads along both sides. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one that paddles it or even knows there is good stuff in that there ditch. Water is diverted from deschutes river from April to October. People laugh when I tell them about it but when I show them pics they stop. Looks like a natural river, kinda.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
That wave is about a 3 footer. The kid is my nephew/ shuttle captain. Corp of engineers is in the process of paving it to prevent water seepage: ( May have it for another season or two. Its kinda like my personal playground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts