Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is short notice, but I want to run bridges or filter plant today (tuesday). I dont feel comfortable going by myself. Does any one want to go with me? I also am available all week to go and would go everyday if someone wants. I start summer school next week so Im trying to paddle as much as I can before that. Let me know.
matt
970-381-1069

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would be up to run something tomorrow... Maybe run both FP and Bridges... Let me know if your available. I can proabably be at Ted's Place around 2:30PM

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I go tomorrow, it would have to be in the morning. I have to be back to greeley by 6 to work. So that means I would have to be off the river by 4:30 but I may be able to run at least one of the runs. Give me a call and we can work something out.
matt

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm up for tomorrow, or anytime this week, really...I just got laid off today.

I've run filter plant about 4 times before, no problem there...not familiar with bridges. Looks like guage may be getting near 4.0'? If so, CRC has it at IV- I'm not sure if I'm ready for IV- yet this season, only been out once on pretty mellow stuff. If it's more like III, should be good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How about Thursday evening for a bridges run?

I can get off around 4:30 or so on Thursday. Since I'm in north Fort Collins, that would put me at the Bridges take-out a bit after 5:00. How does that work for your schedule? Call me at 970-420-0334, or email me at [email protected], and we'll set up something up a little more definite. I'll also try to coerse (sp.?) one of my buddies who knows the run a lot better than me into coming along.

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tomorrow, tuesday, a few of us are meeting at teds place at 1:00. Feel free to come along if anyone wants to. As for the later times, I have to check my work schedule.
matt

·
Registered
228 Posts
Cool. I'm planning on being there. Not sure what your final plans are for what sections to run. Assuming it's not crazy above III, bridges should be fine. Maybe we can do a warm-up on Filter Plant?

Scott
720-271-9094

·
Registered
228 Posts
Crap. I just remembered a dentist appointment. I have no job, but I've got the dentist! :D

I'll call in the am, should be able to change it up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bridges @ 3.5'

My $.02 on Bridges:

Ran the bridges run this morning ~ 3.5'. It was way pushier than the levels I've ran it at before, however, most of the holes had washed out, and everything was big wave trains. The difficult bridge rapid was pretty easy, and the sneak was open for those feeling a bit less inclined. In all, I wouldn't call it IV- just yet, but it was fast and had a much more 'big water' feel to it. I'd definitely bring a rope, polish up that roll, and get out the float bags, as one member of the party swam a good quarter mile or better because of the speed of the water and continuous nature of the rapids. It was a sweet run, but not for the weary.

Be safe, and don't let the Man get you down.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sorry guys for the short notice, but looks like I won't be making it up there today. Thanks for the invite. Maybe some other time soon?

Scott

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good Run!

Hey guys it was good good run even though I couldn't feel my hands. We will have to do it again...when it's warmer!

Ken

303-987-3615
kglaeser1csi.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For sure do it again when its warmer, and do the mishwaka section. Maybe this weekend. It was good to be on the water though.
matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks again! Today was a blast - even with the rain and cold hands. Thanks for leading all the rapids, and the good advice about missing the holes. Let me know if you're up for running more class III in the next few weeks. Take care.
- Andrea

1 - 16 of 16 Posts