Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
brent is from SC

I'm the former easterner he was out here vsiting with and the one responsible for introducing him to Colorado carnaige. That e-mail adress is right-- if he doesn't get back to you let me know and I'll call him. Did the paddle survive in once piece? His salto unfortunately didn't. Did you find it above the second gorge? I was looking pretty hard, but there were plenty of woodpiles it could have been on where I wouldn't have seen it
-Carter

·
Registered
505 Posts
I found the paddle Sunday after the second gorge in a floating logjam on a righthand bend in the meadow the creek meanders through before picking up steam in the third gorge which is where I had to ditch it as I was having a hard time with two paddles.I kept up with it for a while until it snagged right center and I was carried downriver. I called Brent after seeing the post in the lost and found to tell him I was unsuccessful in retrieving his paddle. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear it's been rediscovered. And even though it was low on that day, I gotta say that is a fun, fast creek.

·
Registered
499 Posts
John found the paddle in a logjam after the 3rd gorge, he was fishing a creeker 225 out of the same logjam when he stumbled across it, still in one piece...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for the info on brent. looks like he has had that paddle for a while and i am sure he would like to get it back.
Cheers to the crew from saturday. It was a fun level in the creek. It was cool to have a full circle on that creek. I started my class five career quite a while ago on that creek, when i lived in leadville, and hadn't been back since. thanks for letting me tag-a-long. It was nice to return the favor that someone did for me some time ago.
By the way, did i leave a biner with someone? Hopefully, it will bring luck.
Johnny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts