Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some feedback on breck's play park....I'm heading up there tomorrow afternoon and checked the cfs...119 is medium?? Is it a really small river and if so can I take a wavesport siren in there without smashing some rocks? Also, if anyone is going to be up there tmrw afternoon let me know if you want to boat.

-lauren

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just wanted some feedback on breck's play park....I'm heading up there tomorrow afternoon and checked the cfs...119 is medium?? Is it a really small river and if so can I take a wavesport siren in there without smashing some rocks? Also, if anyone is going to be up there tmrw afternoon let me know if you want to boat.

-lauren

Lauren, I've never played in Breck's park, but I've driven by there many times on my way to the Lower Blue; it looks like a really sad play park. If you can get someone else to go with you, I think you'd get more/better play if you were able to hit the Lower Blue. It's maybe an extra 20 minute drive from there.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yea, Brecks park is lame. At low water there is not enough water and at high water the features just blow you out. It has been years since I have been in there but I assume it has not changed. So, no, you can not take a pool toy in there without smashing rocks!

903cfs in the Blue below Dillon (Upper Blue), will be much better fun and decent surfing on the Maui wave with a good eddie on both sides.

The lower blue at 1630 is good too, but I would rather do the upper with Boulder canyon if I was you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check out the Frisco play feature by the kayak shop at the west exit/entrance for I-70. I've never been on it but it looks like it could be decent at the right flows. Call the kayak shop for info.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Both the breck play park and the frisco wave are completely done. I tried to get something out of the frisco wave yesterday but it wasn't worth getting wet for.

The breck park can be good when you've only got an hour and are in town or are training beginners but even then the levels need to be >150, preferreably >190. Those levels are only maybe a week per year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't waste your time with Breck......go to Frisco's hole far end of Frisco Main Street. Stop in and say hello to Matti at Ten Mile Creek Kayak across the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts