Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologize if this has been talked about before, didn't see anything in the recent threads.

I want to buy a 3 or 4-piece breakdown this year. What's the best option(s) out there in terms of price & quality? Within the bounds of reason, I don't care about weight. I saw a werner for $225 somewhere, but that seems pricey for something I just want to have to get to the end of the run.

Any beta would be appreciated.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have a Werner 4 piece breakdown. I've used it for a couple seasons because my other paddle broke, and I didn't replace it for a while. It's a very solid paddle that isn't likely to break. I've broken 3 other paddles in 2 years, but I've never broke a Werner. I think it's made of fiber glass. If I remember right, it cost me about $170 with tax.

One thing to watch is the button area that links the pieces together. After a couple years of hard use, it can get slack which allows the the two pieces to move slightly while paddling.

I havn't used any carbon fiber paddles yet, but I think the fiberglass Werners are dependable and cost effective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts