Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Between a plague, murder hornets and avalanches, 2020 was plenty interesting.
Are we betting on boring snowpack delays or more crazy interesting delays?!

My pick is May 18. I had a 5/20 preseason invite that I'll miss to attend my youngest daughter's HS graduation, so I'm betting it will be open and my group goes and has a great trip.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Between a plague, murder hornets and avalanches, 2020 was plenty interesting.
Are we betting on boring snowpack delays or more crazy interesting delays?!

My pick is May 18. I had a 5/20 preseason invite that I'll miss to attend my youngest daughter's HS graduation, so I'm betting it will be open and my group goes and has a great trip.
I hope you are right. I have a trip for May 23!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
you got lucky they just closed banner for avalanche danger again. I'm with carvedog, the last couple of years the snow didn't even start until February. Regardless if I am feeling a big snowpack and put in for august dates it will tank and we wont get any snow but if i put in for early June it's going to snow like it's never snowed before lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is starting look like Boundary will be open around 5/23. I have heard the lead vehicle has a pretty open choice on camp sites when they arrive at the launch?

·
Super Moderator
2,930 Posts
It is starting look like Boundary will be open around 5/23. I have heard the lead vehicle has a pretty open choice on camp sites when they arrive at the launch?
What would possibly make you think this date?

And no vehicles are allowed on the MF. But I guess you mean camping at the put in....which is pretty wide open.

·
Super Moderator
2,930 Posts
Still have my chips on the table for Jerry. Hard to go against his call.
Thanks Jon. My guess (hope?) was pretty off the cuff...I hadn't even looked at the Banner Snotel. Things are not looking very spicy on the Middle Fork this spring. Hot and dusty this last week...(sigh)!

·
Registered
168 Posts
We’re going to do Marsh only because we have to do it to get to the Middle. And if we have to do it, I’d a lot rather it were cold, with flows around 2’.
Or, I’d be happy with higher flows, and a bouncy ride from Boundary. Right now, my nightmares are a 3’+ flow, with Marsh full of strainers and floating trees.
It’s looking pretty good today, 2.40’ and falling, then forecast for warm temperatures on launch day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts