Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not great, but good times to be had on Boulder Creek, flows hit 175 this weekend.

There is a mandatory portage just past first road bridge after four mile, river wide fallen tree.

Also a lost blue dry bag with personables inside. If found, please call Josh at 720-352-8909 thanks!

Any takers for doing this run Tuesday after work, 5:45?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hey De La,

Is that tree in the middle of the river or could a couple of guys get in there lead pipes and blowtorches and get midevil on its ass?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's lying from one side clear to the other. Midevil sums it up, would need rope, at least three heads and of course one of D.F's chainsaws. It's newly fallen so it still has ton of branches and what-not.

I'm trying to run again tonight, hoping to eddie hop my way down looking for my lost dry bag. Cell phone is in there.

interested?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Can't do it tonight. I have a chainsaw, too, though. Do you have any time later this week for just a cleaning mission? I have all the ropes, etc., too.

Call me at 303-277-2147 if you're interested.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
This tree must not be visible from the road. I have tried to look while driving, but have not spottted it. Any one have some time to lend a hand? I have the right tools, but could use some old climbing ropes maybe and some other folks wiling to get wet. The last scrap of rope Forrest gave me just became a tire swing.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Dave- when are you thinking about going up there? I have a lightweight Stihl that I can lend to the project.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
How about this afternoon? How early can anyone else meet?

the gauge is down to 99cfs, which should make it easier, not to mention the fact that there won't be any boating to distract us.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm available any time this week, daytime or evening, to tackle the tree. I have some ropes and old climbing gear to pitch in and if I make a phonecall I think I can get my hand on a good chainsaw. If anyone wants to go take care of this problem, or go and do a run up there, give me a ring at 303-817-0699.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
I could do it taday after 4 or so if there are a few others to help. I need 1-2 people to help rope and another to keep Riley ( 3 year old boy)from trying to help too much. I can check back her around 4, or call me. 720-298-2242

Dave

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be up there today around 5:30-5:45.
Sorry though, my first prior is to look for my dry bag before it gets too dark. It has my cell, watch and digital camera. Yikes!

Hopefully I'll find it in an eddie right off the bat and would be more than happy to run up and help pull that moster tree out. Don't have much for ropes or saws but always willing to get wet.

See you guys up there.

BTW - I'm always looking for boaters to run front range creeks, class IV preferred.

email: [email protected]

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm meeting someone at elephant rock at 5pm to go run Alto or BC depending on BC's level. If someone wants to meet before then to extract the tree call me and if anyone wants to join us please do, I'll be in a maroon truck with a yellow disco in the back.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
Thanks to everyone who came and helped out this evening. The river wide tree was just below the confluence of four mile creek. removing it was a little more than we were up for , but a very safe passage now exists. This tree WILL move with future (not this year) high water, unless it gets more attention. If someone else is concerned I would be happy to help remove the whole thing later this summer, as long as there are plenty of volunteers to move the debris.

Happy boating, be safe.

·
Registered
114 Posts
thanks dave et al. i was wondering if you you were going to be able to get that whole tree out? but sounds good to go now with out ducking through the branches.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks you guys. I'd be up for removing the whole thing. Dont have much equipment but always willing to lend some elbow grease.

Actually, passed under that tree tonight. I did the run because I am still looking for that damn dry bag. I learned that below 100 cfs, upper boulder creek goes from rowdy III to class V pin fest. :shock:

all that and still no dry bag.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts