Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone. The Fire chief just called me. They are planning to open Boulder Creek west of broadway tomorrow at noon. They plan to open the rest of the creek down to about 30th street as soon as they can finish their work and get the machinery out of the river. Larry, the fire chief is really cool, and he doesn't want the creek to be closed any longer than necessary. The poor guy must have hundreds of voicemails. :smile:

If anyone has anything specific to ask him, just let me know. He calls me back since I'm a business owner who is obviously very affected by the closure.

He also says that barker reservoir is pretty full, so it will spill early this season. Should be a great season on boulder creek.

Nick Wigston
Whitewater Tube Co.

·
Registered
190 Posts
City Press release:

Thursday, April 24, 2014
Contact: Kim Kobel, Boulder Police, 303-441-3370 and Commander Heidi Prentup, Boulder County Sheriff’s Office, 303-441-1500

City and county to reopen Boulder Creek west of Broadway

At noon on Friday, April 25, the City of Boulder and Boulder County Sheriff’s Office will reopen Boulder Creek from Boulder Falls to Broadway. Public safety officials believe that this section of Boulder Creek will be safe for kayakers, swimmers, and tubers after the heavy equipment that was being used to remove sediment and debris is moved to other drainage ways.

Contractors will continue removing debris and sediment east of Broadway, and that section of Boulder Creek will remain closed to recreational use. As flood recovery work progresses, other sections of Boulder Creek will be reopened when the city and county deem that it is safe for public use.

Visit www.boulderfloodinfo.net for flood recovery project maps and schedules.

·
Registered
950 Posts
If this (the opening) is a joke I will beat whoever is responsible to death with a poagie!

If I were the city or whoever wrote that saying the river from the Falls down is safe for swimmers...you know some idiot is gonna jump in thinking it is safe to swim from the falls down. I would have said safe for recreation uses.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Nick for taking the lead on that. The Chief left me a message after I left him mine, but neither of us managed to reconnect. Glad to hear he "gets it".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts