Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a warning for parking at the greenhouse yesterday. I think I have been parking there sixteen years anyway. It stated "parking out of designated space". Do they mean for us to only park in the small lot or do I need to find another takeout?

Kind of crazy they are patrolling the lot so late. We didn't meet until 6pm and the ticket is timestamped 6:54pm.

Let me know if you have any information on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's funny, I was there at the same time and also got a warning. I was thinking because I was slightly out of the lines on the parallel parking spots, which is normal for that area. I am fairly certain its still fine to park in those spots and would definitely avoid the greenhouse spots...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was with the OP and my observation is that the demarcation painted lines are so obliterated in the middle of the creekside strip of lots that nobody can tell where the designated parking places are any more. (Though the far ends of the spaces in the parking lot are clearly visible). CU needs to repaint the lot before they hand out more such tickets/warnings.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got a warning ticket there midday on Monday 2 weeks ago. There were lots of cars and activity, day before Eben Fine park closed. I've parked there midday, evening weekdays and weekends. Never had a ticket in 20+ years.

The ticket said it was issued "by complaint" so I figured it was because greenhouse staff saw the general chaos in the lot and called the parking patrol. Lately it has been fairly empty and haven't had any problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts