Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw several unmanned crafts friday.

The Widowmaker may have been tamed, but the hole above it will grab the unwary boater.

Also saw a boat recovery above four mile. Boat looked like a write off.

I eddied out to investigate, and punctured my own boat on an I beam post on the retaining wall. The victim greeted me by name, but I wasn't close enough to recognize the face.

Maybe some more today?

Upper canyon still fun, but so much better when it gets above 600 on the present gauge calibration, which I believe to be 10-20% low compared to previous years. Meaning it has more water than the gauge implies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That was me Dave Frank

That was me recovering my very destroyed boat. We met just the other day up in Lyons working safety on the SSV race.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ran boulder creek from 4 mile on down to 38th yesterday afternoon. Thought the Guage was reading 500 some but it definitely felt bigger in the Buttress section. Opted to enter left of the flake boof. Lots of good hole punching fun

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
334 Posts
Add two more to the list of swims this weekend on Boulder creek. There was one at the bottom of buttresses, where the boat was pinned in the center of the channel. Plus another swim a couple of drops above the old widow maker. All gear was recovered, but there were bruised egos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts