Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I am going to be in Boulder over Labor Day and was wondering what was running in the area at that time of the season. I read there is a playpark through town...does this run all the time? Any information would be appreciated. I'd be interested in up to class IV. Thanks!
Nora

·
Registered
93 Posts
Boulder will likely be dead by then (pretty dead now). For you: North Fork of the South Platte River (Foxton, Waterton Canyon; Deckers, too) would be the closest that time of year, unless Clear Creek in Golden is running... I'm sure others will have more tips for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree about the South Platte through Foxton and Waterton. They're two of my favorite late season runs, and probably two of your best bets. If you're in the mood for a play park you should check out Lions too. I haven't checked what the flow's like in a while but you could take a look at Lower South Boulder Creek if it's not too low already...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Marc and Vito...I looked at some photos and it looks like what I'd like.
I'll keep an eye on that gauge.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I suggest at any flow to ditch running the Boulder Play Park, sticky holes and not a lot of fun.

·
Have paddled a Quest
102 Posts
Further afield (2+hr drive): Lower Blue will be running- class III out of Green Mtn Res. As will Gore (IV/V) and Shoshone (III) on the Colorado. Don't know if the October Hole in the Lyons play park ever runs that early, but that might be another option.

·
Registered
93 Posts
In Lyons, just 20 minutes north of Boulder, the October Hole will run at least until October. It's a fun play wave when nothing else is running; I end up there myself after everything else has died. Good mountain biking nearby makes for a nice double day, too... And the local brewery isn't too bad either.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In Lyons, just 20 minutes north of Boulder, the October Hole will run at least until October. It's a fun play wave when nothing else is running; I end up there myself after everything else has died. Good mountain biking nearby makes for a nice double day, too... And the local brewery isn't too bad either.
I rode by O-hole a few days ago and it had water coming from Carter res. I go there a few evenings too. The Silo Burger at Oskar Blues (Lyons Brewpub) is really good. Helps build up that winter fat we all like...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I had more vacation days! I like a good brewery..esp if they have good stout! Thanks for all the tips..I'll probably only have a day to sneak away from the family and get on the river. Gore is on my should I or shouldn't I list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts