Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
After many years knocking around in rafts, IK's and packrafts someone gave me their old creek boat, figure I should learn how to use it. I did a couple pool sessions and the roll is coming along but by no means 100%. I'm in Golden and was thinking about heading down to the play park since I'd love to get out there while its low (and ideally be something approaching competent by the time it comes up), If anyone wants to help my sorry ass become a kayaker I'll happily provide beer, high fives and endless gratitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
63 Posts
Colorado Whitewater offers good beginner classes. They have an annual training camp on the ARK which is a great way to get out with skilled boaters and meet people at your level to kayak with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A lesson will go a looooong way, but the play parks are great for meeting folks of all abilities. You'll see familiar faces every time. Once you have the mechanics of a flat water roll, the parks are perfect for trying it out in current.
Keep going and don't be discouraged. As the spring gears up, more and more folks will be out.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts