Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Bomber gear skirt for the B-day, noticed a ~4"x12" "pad" sewn into the front of the skirt. any idea what this is for?

looks pretty sweet tho, can't wait to try it out! sounds like Gore might be good to go....

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
It is to seal the bar-tack stitch that goes through the handle so water does not leak in. I use a climbing harness stitch that water can leak through; the patch stops that and gives it a nice finish.
Please let the world know what you think of the skirt after you use it. I am trying to make the quality of my product become my marketing. Word of mouth.
Rick

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry I miss understood the question; the picture did not load when I first saw the post.
That piece is so you can Velcro an over thruster or you can go to the hardware store and buy a hook Velcro and stick a Pelican Box or whatever you like to the inside of your skirt.
In Nepal they were able to get GPS readings through the skirt, so they were Velcroing the GPS unit there.
Just a great place to stash your stuff.
Check out this video on my skirt; it is at the bottom of this page:
http://bombergear.com/2009_2/product.php?id_product=14
Rick

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much! Interesting feature, gonna get me thinking what else I could store there....

looks like a great skirt, can't wait to try it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry I miss understood the question; the picture did not load when I first saw the post.
That piece is so you can Velcro an over thruster or you can go to the hardware store and buy a hook Velcro and stick a Pelican Box or whatever you like to the inside of your skirt.
In Nepal they were able to get GPS readings through the skirt, so they were Velcroing the GPS unit there.
Just a great place to stash your stuff.
Check out this video on my skirt; it is at the bottom of this page:
http://bombergear.com/2009_2/product.php?id_product=14
Rick
Cool idea. I've always wanted some type of stash/ditty bag on the skirt - inside or outside - since it would be handy and always with you. Sunscreen, Clif bar, fire starter, small pin kit are some of the items I'd consider stashing.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I immediately thought of my "safety kit" as well......

It is a sweet idea for both safety and convenience, although I would not trust anything I could not afford to loose in a swim to a velcro attachment.

Being able to attach a thruster for playboating would be sweet as well, my beach ball between the legs gets old.

·
Registered
254 Posts
At first glance (having never used one) I think the idea of having a pocket on my sprayskirt would be a great idea! I like having my pin/safety kit with me but don't really like loading up my PFD pocket (at least where it's positioned on mine) or having it around my waist. Making use of the sprayskirt's area seems like a good multi-use role for an otherwise one dimensional piece of gear.

Now if I can only find a PFD where the manufacturer actually thought about where a rescue knife could functionally be attached...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bomber Gear makes THE best skirt. Check out the website for a brief overview of the features. I never knew the clip by the grab handle was for pinning you skirt up while hiking, and now that I know, couldn't think of a skirt not having it.

bombergear.com

the velco is cool. Level six makes an overthruster with velcro on it that will stick to the velcro on the skit and make a bomber implosion bar/over thruster.

Check out the website for some screaming deals on the 08 line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.