Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new spray skirt, as mine tends to leak. Anybody have any pro/cons on the bomber gear skirts?? I want a tight skirt that does not leak??

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have both models of bomber skirts. For tight I would reccomend the KBomb. The bomb shelter I have is part of the uni bomb drytop/ skirt and because it is not kevlar it is a little too easy on/off and has peeled when getting trundelled, although only once and I have tested it on more than one occasion. They K bomb I can't say anything bad about. Plus Bomber is a cool local Biz.

E

S

·
0 Posts
Go with the Bomber Gear. My K-Bomb is real dry on my creak boat. Buy Local, Plus they're good guys.

·
Registered
429 Posts
When river running my K-bomb keeps me super dry. However, when playing water tends to leak in right at the handle if I dip my bow into the oncoming current. Overall though, I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would have to say mountain surf. In my experience bomber gear makes a really shoty product. After only a few uses i have seen bomber gear products almost disintegrate. Again this is only what i have seen. I have no outsided biases. Personally i like wildwasser, and snapdragon. But to answer your question i would have to say Mountain surf all the way.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a snap dragon, and it is tuff as hell. It fits tight around my chest, but when I lay on the back deck, it opens up at the front. Maybe I just need a medium instead of a large. I think I am going to go with the bomber gear, I am an-ex durango guy, so you gotta give the local company a go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
bomber gear vs. mountainsurf

shaggstyle said:
Buy Local
buy local?- sure the company is based in colorado- but their gear is made in China. and they will replace it everytime it blows out- every few weeks or so-

If you want a no hassle skirt actually made on this continent, by people who care about quality, and not the cheapest manufacturing, get yourself a mountainsurf bombproof dur-o-ring---- they have an extensive fit list on their website-

whats worth more to you when you are getting surfed in a creek in the middle of nowhere- the 30 bucks you saved and the free replacement you can get on the bomber gear- or the peace of mind knowing that your skirt is still going to be in one piece (and stay on your boat) when the day is done?

S

·
0 Posts
Re: bomber gear vs. mountainsurf

freddy said:
shaggstyle said:
Buy Local
buy local?- sure the company is based in colorado- but their gear is made in China. and they will replace it everytime it blows out- every few weeks or so-

whats worth more to you when you are getting surfed in a creek in the middle of nowhere- the 30 bucks you saved and the free replacement you can get on the bomber gear- or the peace of mind knowing that your skirt is still going to be in one piece (and stay on your boat) when the day is done?
WTF I have been using bomber gear skirts and drytops for 4 years now. I have NEVER had there stuff self-destruct, and I'm VERY tough on my gear and toys, I have never had to take anything back. I use my stuff 5-7 days a week for about 7 months out of the year( would be more if we had a damn low water playhole here). I gotten chundered in holes and nothing happened to my stuff. You make it sound like it will shred into pieces a month after you buy it and that's simply BS. I have been very satisfied with the quality of my Bomber Gear stuff.

As for Bomber Gear being made in China HGAF, they still are local. They put food on the table for several Durangoans. I see these guys on the river and they are all pretty good guys. I don't mind one bit giving them my business. I can't say for sure, but I doubt Bomber Gear is the only paddling oriented company doing their manufacturing off shore. The [email protected] is still done right here in Durango.

So what'a you say about that ol' freddy boy, have you ever used Bomber gear stuff or are you just talking out your arse. There was no " my old bomber gear skirt sucked it blew out like 2 weeks after I got it." If it did(which I doubt it did or would) you would have dealt with a painless return.

Anyway I done for now. The "which is better" ? always seems to turn into a pissing match anyhow.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have to back Chris up on this. I use a bomber gear skirt I bought from them for $30 and it rules. Those guys are good people and make good stuff. They once traded me a dry bag for a Tecate on the river.

Check the site below :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts