Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
It will be interesting to see what Confluence does with the brand. Whatever happened to the line of WaveSport branded ww kayak gear that Confluence came out with a few years back before the kayaking bubble burst?

·
Boof like a Utard.
122 Posts
Good for the seller, bad for the brand, just like Lidz helmets, AT paddles, Perception, Dagger......bye bye bomber.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Bomber made in factory already anyways, not much should change besides possibly a few boaters will be reppin them more for photo advertising

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Generally what happens on these big corporate take overs is the bean counters start managing the new product line, quality goes way down, sales drop and the acquired product is dropped from retail market. The original owner might get a cash settlement, but the product itself goes down hill fast.

Look at what happened to Lendal Paddles for a excellent example of this.

A great product, acquired, dropped from production, and so it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought the article said that Rick was moving his whole family to SC and will still oversee his product. Hopefully the quality won't go down.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got word that they already fired the entire BG team, and they are focusing primarily on skirts, backbands and boat outfitting for Confluence boats. No more drywear for the time being. The market is a bit flooded in that department as it is anyway.
This was a smart move for Rick and his family- and good news for other drywear manufacturers.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Does that mean no more poggies? If so are there any left in stock to snatch up a backup pair? Hope the move works out well for him.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Kayak2the9 calling you out

Just got word that they already fired the entire BG team, and they are focusing primarily on skirts, backbands and boat outfitting for Confluence boats. No more drywear for the time being. The market is a bit flooded in that department as it is anyway.
This was a smart move for Rick and his family- and good news for other drywear manufacturers.
Who exactly did I fire? Where did you get your information? You can call me at 970-769-6983 for QUALITY information. You are FULL OF POOP!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was referring to your team members, not your employees, but with that said, if there was anyone there but you- they would be nutz to ditch beautiful CO for Easley, SC - as I spoke to one of your former team members yesterday who received the email that Confluence sent out. There is likely going to be a lot of things that are going to be out of your hands now that the big wigs have the reins....get used to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is between you and Confluence amigo. My apologies for using the word "fired" - I should have worded it differently.
Either way, I think you made a good choice and I hope you made out well on the deal- its seams as though you have worked very hard to get to this point, and best wishes to you- I wish you luck in your new venture.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rick, I wish you the best. You're going to miss Colorado. I know from experience.
Oh, and I can't wait to use my new KBomb Lotus skirt!!!

Kevin

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a very small team that basically bought gear from me at a discount, because they like it. So your commits are very confusing to me. I want to know what team you are talking about. Here is my number 970-769-6983. Call me direct there kayak2the9.

·
Registered
458 Posts
South Carolina's upstate, or as I like to call it "God's Country", is beautiful. It's coastline, mile for mile, other than Brutal Beach, (aka Myrtle Beach) is unparalleled on the East Coast. It is not Colorado, true, but it's a far better trade then a LOT of places.

Enjoy South Cackalacky Rick !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts