1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
124 Posts
This thing is supposed to be usable down to 250...no run off needed for that. I suspect we will see at least 1500 during the summer months even without any snow. We sure are getting skunked!

·
Registered
250 Posts
it is raining quite a bit but they are actually adjusting and "testing" the feature today, my friends are down there right now in their boats. They called to tell me that Alec Voorhees just threw a sick space Godzilla. He sent me a picture on his cell phone of this:

Get excited!

-Micah Kneidl

·
Registered
124 Posts
So, I missed this by an hour! Got called into work. Walt said it was quite nice. Dude, if this is 850 CFS and the lesser of the two waveshapers, normal spring, summer, and fall flows are going to be outstanding! Ahhh, less than ten minutes from my front door. :D

Cory

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cory,
We missed you out there. It was...is...going to be very good. Was able to get a very nice breaking green wave with a solid pile on Shaper 2. Then we switched it to a pretty stomping hole that people were getting huge loops in. Shaper 3 still needs a little more water we think. My house will be the official after surf beer and bbq spot for the summer. We are only 2 blocks away from the wave.
-Nate

·
Registered
539 Posts
What do you guys think the summer traffic will be like, with the tubers and body boarders and stuff? I get this picture it's gonna be like the gutter mated with the upper Boise river float from early July to the end of August.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its going to be busy if its anything like the C-Hole in Steamboat. However I think we may get 2 features at higher water levels and during mid summer your going to be pumped to be in the water surfing a wave regardless of the traffic. If we keep it adjusted like we did yesterday. It may be a bit sporty for your average body boarder.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cory,
We missed you out there. It was...is...going to be very good. Was able to get a very nice breaking green wave with a solid pile on Shaper 2. Then we switched it to a pretty stomping hole that people were getting huge loops in. Shaper 3 still needs a little more water we think. My house will be the official after surf beer and bbq spot for the summer. We are only 2 blocks away from the wave.
-Nate
Oh yeah...I'll drop off my BBQ and beverages in your fridge as I cruise by on the greenbelt with my playboat in tow!! Finally my home town has a supurb play scene.

BTW, if traffic get's too out of control, the NF just up the road will always have plenty of room in the eddies!! :p We are so stoked!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know when the park will be set up for public use? It seems like every time I look at it, all of the gates are down and there isn't much of a wave.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Surf was up in Boise tonight! The Boise is pushing 5000...it is actually a bit flushy at this flow. Was great a tad lower last weekend (minus the snow showers). If anyone needs their fix, this thing is in as well as they are releasing from Cascade 1000 cfs which puts the NF just up the road at 1300-1500 depending on the weather (perfect early season class V!). Come and get it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts