Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been down Bogan Canyon within the past couple days? What is the wood situation like? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Its not clear to me exactly where Bogan Canyon is but... We paddled from the quarry (Yule) road to the bottom of what I was told was a rapid called "Herniater". Herniater is a couple hundred yards below the second culverts and not far from Redstone (one mile+?). The road is rio left at that point and the rapid runs at the base of a red rock wall on rio right.That was this weekend. There were a couple trees in the first couple miles but they were manageable although at least one we slipped under on rio right and it probably won't go with much more water than we had this weekend. I think we portaged one other in a braided section. I don't recall any trees of consequence below the 314 bridge. Where is Bogan Canyon proper?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Yep. 2 river wide trees between Marble and the bridge above Bogan Flats. They would be impassable now if they haven't shifted. They were full size pines and will take quite a bit of water to flush downstream. Fun run.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PhilU,
Thanks for the info. Hope you had a good run. Bogan canyon proper is pretty much where the County road to Marble crosses the river down to Bogan campground, where the main rapids are. I'm wanting to run from the "airport" to the campground.

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Bogan bumped up to raftable flows today. Would love to get in there. Thursday after work I might have time for a wood mission so that it can be run to Redstone on Saturday (hoping flows stay over 1k till then). I have a small saw (husky 440e - 18in) that can be taken in a drybag if we have to float down to the wood.

Peter B, you have any interest in bringing some young guns up to help? Anybody else?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts