Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Does anyone up in FC have a creek boat I could borrow on Monday, 6/29?
I paddle a (small) Burn, but will be coming in from the airport and don't feel comfortable leaving my boat locked on top of my car, in the parking lot, all weekend. I will have my playboat (because it will fit inside my car) but would like something bigger to run lower mish and bridges because I don't know either of those sections well at all. Which leads me to my next question (which I know belongs in trip planner, but...)

Does anyone, that knows those sections, want to paddle on Monday? I get in to Denver early on Monday and can be there by 9am.

Hope it works out : )

Beth
[email protected]

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm not sure how comfortable you are in you're play boat but those sections consist mainly of class threes. It's a run where a play boat makes the whole experience more fun. With the exception of two class fours (cardiac corner, which isn't too bad and is in poudre park) and (Pineview, can be a nasty four, but is easily portaged) the whole run is quite manageable in a play boat.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, for the info. I have done it before, with no problem... I may be being a little overly cautious these days....if there is such a thing. If I find someone to boat with, I'll probably take your advice. Thanks again!

·
Registered
676 Posts
take the playboat. you'll like it on those sections.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright. playboat it is. Hello, dude, jen and smauku - whose got off work on Monday?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Let me put a good word for RMA here..

I came in from out of town and stopped there a couple times in a week and rented a boat from them. It was only $30 as I brought my own gear. (skirt, paddle etc) They do take a credit card for a deposit in case you don't bring the boat back, which is totally cool - I would too. I got to try a couple boats I've been thinking about and the people at the RMA shop were awesome, no hassles and friendly service. First time I've used them and I was pleased. Frankly, not sure I'll bring my boat again - its probably easier to rent than travel with my own.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. I have been wanting to paddle a star again... Maybe they have jackson. That boat I just so much fun! I'll probably paddle my own, as I don't really want to throw down money, but it a good suggestion, Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts