Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have experience shipping a boat cross country? I may need to send a boat to Ohio from CO. and wondering about cost. Lemme know, thanks.
JT

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
yep, 3 days ago I sent my M3 vis forward air from atlanta to Denver for $60. The only way you'll know for sure is to go there and talk to them and get it weighed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shipping

Forward Air is a good option if the destination is close to one of their terminals, check their website @forwardair.com to make sure. Another excellent option is sportsexpress.com, their prices are usually between $50 and $90, but they can get it to more locations.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The problem with Forward Air is that they are only airport-to-airport, and the offices are only open weekdays. If you fly in on a weekend and leaving the vacinity, you are hosed. Use Sportsexpress, which mainly just uses FedEx.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
You could just ship fedex yourself but it will have to be a playboat, we have dimension limits on what we will ship.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
sports express can ship it cheaper than an individual because of corporate rates (pretty sure about that), but the boat has to be under 7'. I shipped a G-Force to Reno for $45, door to door with SportsExpress and it took about three days. I've shipped via Forward Air 3 times and that's always been pretty positive, but the receipient has to be near a terminal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts