Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just finished our boat shed. It is something I’ve wanted to build for awhile. It allows us to put each boat on its own “shelf” and pull out which boat we want without too much work. We store our boats inflated and in the shade so this finally accomplished all our goals.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been thinking of doing something just like this. Are the rollers made of pvc with iron pipe inside or did you go with actual rollers?

·
Registered
151 Posts
It needs to be bigger... what happens when you get more boats? That looks really great. I wonder if it would be a good idea to get black mesh fabric to wrap the shed, to keep the sun off the boats and critters off the gear. Just a thought.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been thinking of doing something just like this. Are the rollers made of pvc with iron pipe inside or did you go with actual rollers?
Yeah the rollers are 2 inch pvc over 1.5 inch steel pipe. All from Home Depot They work pretty decent.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It needs to be bigger... what happens when you get more boats? That looks really great. I wonder if it would be a good idea to get black mesh fabric to wrap the shed, to keep the sun off the boats and critters off the gear. Just a thought.
I am going to finish paneling the one side of the shed and cut a mesh tarp for the opening to bungee in place to increase the shade.
Critters can always get in so I use mouse repellents and traps in the floor of the boats. That’s worked for years in Colorado and New Mexico.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts